For her.

And maybe for him as well.

____

In all his years living in a foreign country, the one thing Sarim had lost and missed immensely was nicely made tea. He switched to coffee for convenience but he could never say no to a soothing cup of tea. Small luxuries of a running life.

He took a sip of his evening tea with the very thought in mind and pressed some keys on his laptop to send the final draft for the next meeting. The falling evening of February was soothing in its own way. Sarim glanced outside where he could see Zimal playing with Dodo and for the first time the dog looked energetic. Sarim chuckled. That was a first but Dodo was selective with his enthusiasm and it was mostly resorted for just Zimal.

His attention turned to Nauman who looked like he was about to ask him something.

Another thing which felt impossible all those years back but now was a reality.

Sarim and Nauman had worked on their relationship, something both of them never tried when they were living under the same roof but maybe it was the lack of communication the realization of which hit Sarim straight in the face when Nauman disclosed he never favoured any other guy over his own son, or the distance between them where they couldn't see each other daily.

There were attempts from both sides and it led to Nauman and Sarim becoming a normal father and son duo. As normal as they could be.

"Sarim?"

"Yes, Baba?"

He typed something again and glanced at Nauman.

"Seems like you are settled here for the long run. Am I right?"

Sarim regarded his question. He wasn't wrong in confirming this because Sarim had always tried running away from staying for long and this was the first time it had been more than a month and he was so comfortable as if he'd never leave again.

And he wasn't. That was the plan for now. He couldn't say about the future but right now, he liked where he was.

"Yes, you're. I'm not moving. Not anytime soon."

Relief and a contentment washed over Nauman's features. Sarim could tell he was expecting this reaction and now after getting it, he seemed happy. It made Sarim happy as well.

"Mr. Zohaib called a few days back. He was inquiring about the plans for the purchase you made last year. Now that you're here, I think it's time to get to it."

A thoughtful expression settled on Sarim's face. Nauman was talking about the place he had bought the last time he visited. It was something he always knew he had to do but at the beginning of his career he wasn't financially sound to run with it and he didn't feel like it was the time. But over the years, as he kept on flourishing in his career he also started taking this matter seriously and just last year he had finally done the deed with Nauman's guidance and Mr. Zohaib's kind insight as a dealer.

He didn't start with giving the place his distinct feel because he had no plans of shifting there anytime soon. But now that he was here and he wasn't going back anytime soon, maybe this was the time to start with this as well. The thought excited him for some reason.

"I still feel bad about you not accepting when I proposed the idea of buying the place for you."

Sarim chuckled. He wasn't used to Nauman complaining but it wasn't anything bad. In fact it was something Sarim cherished.

"Baba, your retirement package is your and Ammi's life long insurance. If I weren't capable then it would've been different but you know I'm."

Nauman understood this but as father and especially as a neglecting father for a big chunk of Sarim's life, he felt obligated to make the amends but Sarim was satisfied and happy with the progress they had made, where nothing financial was involved, just the emotional bonding they worked on.