I just stare at him, holding a file box in my hands, "Not my first time getting kidnapped and I could have boiled his blood if I wanted. He's a low life, but had more to say. It was getting interesting before you snapped that bow of yours." I mumble, waving him off as I pull off the lid.

He looks constipated as he stares me down, "What are you doing?" He asks me, roughly.

"Creed, thank you for shooting him right when I may have gotten more information from him, kindly help me look through files so we can understand more about the bastard you just shot down to—I don't know—maybe inform the school he's dead based on self-defence after being connected to other murders so his was a well-deserved one. Damage control, have you heard of it, love?" I ask him handing him a box and tapping it with a wink his way.

His eyes blink once at me.

I grab three more and open the next one when he drops the box in his hands harshly and I jump, closing my eyes in irritation, "Werewolves' hearing is heightened, dragon rider." I grit out.

He spins me to face him, "Do you fucking understand what just happened?" He snaps, shaking me.

My eyes widen as I look at all of him, his fingers were trembling, "Hey, calm down. I know exactly what jus happened, I'm telling you I've been through worse. We need information on him and he just revealed himself by targeting me, alright? It's okay. We're fine." I reassure him, he clenches his jaw before pulling me back into his chest, his hand against the nape of my neck as he tilts his down. I slowly wrap my arms around his neck, before he straightens and I shriek when I'm lifted off the floor. I stare at his arrows, slowly picking up one before sliding it back in. He even at twin swords in his gear.

"Are you wearing a bloody cape?" I blur out.

"It's a cloak." He scoffs, squeezing me tighter against him.

"The weapons are fancy, kind of makes me want to steal them." I mumble, the smell of him—night and fresh air making me inhale, "Did you hear him? Did you...listen?" I ask him slowly.

He slowly lowers me down, "Leviathan." He whispers.

"I've never heard of it." I tell him, searching his eyes. Maybe he knew about whatever that was.

His thumb brushes against the small of my back and I raise an eyebrow, same way Taylor...and Earl did, "That day in training when Rowan punched me, you were harsh on Taylor...and then with Professor Mason, they both liked the small of my back. Am I sensing a pattern?" I ask with a small smile as he looks to the ceiling and mutters something in a different language. I see the number of daggers clinging to a belt of his insanely sexy gear, I pull out two even ones and swirl them, "Now these are so mine." I smirk.

His hands intertwine at my back, "You'll have to win them from me." He says down to me. I pout before sheathing them.

"Stealing them sounds way more fun. Now, will you look through files with me before the body begins decomposing and I smell more than blood in here?" I ask him.

"Impossible." He mutters, shaking his head, "We'll head to a hidden hot pool afterwards, to clean this up." His voice holds bossiness and authority that I actually really liked. What the fudge sticks?

I nod absentmindedly before turning to the files again, "Did you bring a backpack?" I ask him, pulling out a few files and handing them to him. He sighs above me, grabbing them softly from me. He grabs me by the waist at the same moment I was about to move to the wardrobe in the corner.