Play Date (James Madison x reader)

Prompt: Daycare AU

Warnings: None

A/N: Keep sending in some requests 😌😌

—————————————————————————

Y/N POV

It was your first day of kindergarten.

Your mom gently guided you to the entrance of the school, she felt a two hands pulling on her dress.

"Mommy I don't wanna go in." You whined, trying to pull her back to the car.

"C'mon Hon I have to go to work okay? I'll see you after school! Give it a chance okay?" You mom replied after picking you up and bringing you to class.

"Okay...." You waved good bye to your mom as the teacher gently guided you into the classroom.

When you arrived in the room you saw two boys screaming at each other, one had short dark hair and the other had fluffy brown hair, it looked like they were fighting over a toy.

When you looked to the right you saw a young boy with a beanie on sword fighting with another boy with his carmel hair in a bun.

You didn't really like all the noise that was going on so you kind of wandered around, until you found a sweet looking boy in the corner looking out the window.

He had short wooly hair and kind brown eyes. He had dark skin, brown hair and a navy blue vest and jeans.

You walked over to him and timidly sat down.

"Hi," you said to him softly, not wanting to startle
the boy.

"Oh, um...Hi!" The doe eyed boy said, a little surprised someone came to talk to him.

"I'm Y/N!" You said, pushing some of your h/c hair out of your eyes.

"I-I'm James. James Madison." The boy, who you now new as James, stuttered out.

"Nice to meet you. So....do you like panthers?" You asked, you were a big cat person (sorry if ur a dog person. I just think James likes cats so- yeah)

"Well I like cats but Im allergic. B-but panthers are cool." He said, pulling out something that looked like a hanker chief.

He held his hand up, turning away from you as he had a little coughing fit into the cloth.

"Are you okay?" You asked, slightly concerned for the poor boy.

"Y-yeah, I just get sick easily. So I think I'm getting a cold." James replied, giving you a weak smile.

You placed your hand on his shoulder. "Maybe you'll grow out of it?" You suggested, wanted to make him feel better.

"Maybe....hey um....do you wanna read a book with me?" James asked hopefully, a lot of kids his age didn't really like reading, other than Alex but he was too violent for him.

"I would but I'm not really the best at reading."

"That's ok! I'll read it out loud to you." He said, excitedly walking over to the bookshelf, grabbing If You Gave A Mouse A Cookie.

He plopped down next to you and began reading.

A few hours later your mom walked in and signed you out. She had some trouble finding you due to the fact you were hiding with James.

When she found you she saw you two cuddled up together reading a different book.

"C'mon sweetie." Your mom smiled.

"Okay...," you said releasing yourself from James, "Can James and I have a play date?"

James face turned red.

"I don't know. I'll talk to his mom tomorrow okay?" Your mother reasoned.

"Okay! See you tomorrow James!" You said excitedly, pressing a kiss to his cheek making the poor boy go into another coughing fit.

You giggled as your mom guided you out of the room.

14 years later

You and James were still best friends and still inseparable.

Only a few things had changed.

One, he was a little more outgoing than he used to be and two, you two had been dating since elementary.

Everyone knew you two were going to be together for the rest of your life, and you knew it too.

Unfortunately he did not grow out of his weak immune system, but you loved him nonetheless and he loved you too.

Uh so yeah that's the chapter :)

Sorry it took so long to update :)))))))