Insecurities (Oak x reader)

Prompt: Reader is insecure, Oak helps the reader feel better

Warnings: Self hate, self harm scars

A/N: Nothing about your body makes you ugly. You are beautiful no matter what. I love y'all.

(H/T): Haïr Type
(S/C) Skin Color
(E/C) Eye color
(H/C) Haïr Color
_________________________________

Y/N POV

There you were. Looking at the person you hated most.

Your reflection.

You looked in the mirror with disgust, staring at the scars on your (s/c) skin, the ones you inflicted upon yourself.

You looked at your raggedy (H/T), (H/C) hair felt a hatred for yourself deeper than Hell itself.

Your eyes roamed your body, picking yourself apart at every little detail.

You hated yourself for not having abs, for not having muscles, for not looking like the models you see in every magazine.

You put your head against the mirror, feeling defeated. Your eyes once again roamed over your body, staring at the faded scars on your shoulders and thighs. You felt ashamed that you would mark yourself with something that would make you even more repulsive than before.

You backed up and looked at yourself in the mirror, which was a mistake. You hated yourself with clothes on and now you hated yourself even more with clothes off.

You sat on the cold bathroom floor and rested your head on the wall behind you.

You felt a tear fall, and then another, and another.

You buried you head in your knees as you continued to cry.

You heard the apartment door open as your boyfriend of 4 years walked in your home.

You half wanted to get up but your legs and tears had other ideas.

So there you sat, alone on the bathroom floor. Naked and broken.

You heard footsteps retreating and nearing as Oak began calling out your name, looking for you.

"(Y/N)? Where are you?," Oak called. You heard his footsteps come closer to the door.

He gently knocked, "(Y/N) baby? You in here?,"

He heard no response so he gently pushed open the door.

"(Y/N)? What are you-," he cut off he sentence after seeing your puffy red eyes and tear stained face, "Hey hey hey what's wrong? What's wrong, love?" Oak pushed some hair out of your eyes and pressed repeated kisses your forehead.

You didn't respond, you just cuddled closer to him, enjoying the way he had his arms wrapped protectively around you.

Another sob racked your body as your love pulled you closer to his chest. You don't deserve him and you knew it.

"C'mon sweetheart I can't help you if you won't tell me. What's wrong (Y/N)?" Oak said, pressing more kisses to your hair and temple.

"I hate the way I look," you whispered, nuzzling your head in his neck.

"I hate my body and these stupid scars. It's my fault I have these scars, my fucking fault." You sobbed harder, "Why do you even love me? I'm not beautiful, I-I'm not anything. How can you love me Oak? How?"

Oak felt like someone ripped out his heart and stomped on it a million times. How could you think that? You were the most beautiful being alive to him. To him you were everything.

"Angel...how could I not love you? Sweetie you are stunning, everything pales in comparison when I look at you. Everything fades away. Your smile is brighter than a thousand suns, your eyes sparkle like stars in the sky. My precious (Y/N), your scars are from wars that were fought without any help. You are so strong. And I love you. You may never believe me but I will never stop saying it. I love you so much. So much." Oak told you with tears in his eyes.

"Fuck Oak of course I know you love me. I love you too. Thank you. For everything." You answered, pressing a kiss to his lips.

Before you could pull away Oak brought your lips back together, capturing your top lip, feeling your lips move against his.

Oak moved so he had you caged in between his legs and arms. He cradled your face, pulling you closer as he deepened the kiss.

You gently pulled away, pressing a few more kisses to his lips before snuggling up to him again.

"You're beautiful (Y/N), no matter what you think." Oak stated, resting his cheek on your head.

You brought his had to your mouth, pressing kisses to his knuckles.

"I love you sweetheart"

"I love you too darling"

So there you lay, wrapped in your lovers arms who pressed occasional kiss to your lips.

You didn't think about your body. You didn't think about anything. You just felt loved.

All was well.

So I hope y'all didn't mind that Harry Potter reference at the end 😂

Anyways thanks for reading