Chapter Three:

Selena's POV:

There we stood in the back room of the club, his eyes were searching mine for an answer but I just stood there in shock.

"Lena, breathe okay? Deep breaths, remember the pressure points and focus!" Sadie came rushing to my side, in hope she could calm me down. Although the more she spoke, the more her voice began to fade into the background.

"What's happening to her? Why is she breathing like that?!" Carter demanded harshly towards Sadie, she took a second to answer him due to the sharpness of his tone.

"She um, she has this thing, when she's scared or provoked in a certain way... She tends to drift off into some kind of dream like state, when this happens she can usually soothe herself by using pressure points. she learned them in therapy when her dad passed away but I guess its not working now." Sadie stated quietly, hoping it wouldn't push me over the edge further.

"Well fucking help her. NOW! Josh go get her a drink or something." Josh hurried out of the room and to the bar, returning moments later with a class of water and 2 aspirin.

"What the hell Josh, she's in shock! She does not have a hangover." Sadie exclaimed, rather fiercely I might add.

My mind was racing with so many memories of Adam and my mom, the way carter snapped at me reminded me of the time Adam almost broke my arm.

That's when I felt his hand touch my arm and the memory's stopped, as if there was no more tracks for the runaway train to keep going. "Come back to me Selena." Carter whispered into my ear as he softly dragged his hand down my arm, sending shivers through my body right down to my core.

Now the memory's had stopped, my breathing began to slow down again. I took a deep breath, before finally speaking directly to Carter.

It was if my mind was on pause as I blacked out, then suddenly I snapped out of it and the words came like a raging waterfall.

"I have no idea who that man was! But more importantly why do you care?" I spat out way more angrily than I meant, his questions just made me boil up inside.

"I'm asking the fucking questions here!" He spat back in a low and firm voice, it was if he was trying to control me.

'who the fuck does he think he is speaking to me like that!' I thought to myself before focusing back on him, I wasn't sure if it was the adrenaline.. but nothing was going to stop this outburst.

"How FUCKING dare you! I'm not some kind of rag doll for you to use when your angry! Sadie we are leaving right now!" I shouted as I headed towards the door, hoping he wouldn't follow. Grabbing sadie's hand, I pull her into the crowd of sweaty bodies dancing and grinding on eachother.

"Wow Lena slow down!!" Sadie shouted over the pounding music, but I just ignored her and kept dragging her through the club.

I felt so embarrassed that I shut off infront of everyone, I haven't had an episode like that in public for years so why now?

"We are leaving right now" I stated firmly leaving no room for debate, as I dragged her to the main doors of the club. I pushed on the door trying to open it but it was locked, I stared at the handle to the door for a good 2 minutes, before I heard his husky voice pulling me from my panicked thoughts.

"It's locked, the whole club is on lockdown." He said plainly, as if I should have already known that. I spun around on my heels to stare him down but as my eyes met his, I was instantly lost in the blue ocean he held inside his eyes.

All thoughts that were once filled with anger, was now replaced with so many questions.

'what on earth are you doing to me Mr. Carter.' my mind was racing with silly questions really, although one stood out more than the rest.