I'm right here with you - part two (requested)

With every minute that went by and every agonizing pain that hit you, your grip on Mina's hand became tighter and tighter.

It felt like you could hardly breathe. It was so intense and it continued to get even worse as it became closer and closer to being time.

Mina kissed your head softly and tried to help you through the pain that returned yet again. You groaned loudly as you clenched your teeth.

Her heart was racing and her fingers shook as one was tight in your grip and the other was rubbing along your arm.

"I know it's awful. You're doing amazing though. Keep holding onto me, you're getting through it, baby." She said and waited for a few seconds before she watched you open your eyes as you exhaled heavily.

"Do you think it'll be much longer?"

"No." She said. "Even the doctor said it wouldn't be long now when she was in here a bit ago. Just a little more, y/n. It's going to be over really soon."

You could only hope she was right.

You put your head on her chest and tried to prepare yourself, knowing the pain would be returning any minute now.

"I'm right here. You're doing so good." She encouraged and heard you gasp before a groan fell from your lips as it came back, so much stronger this time.

It felt different and as you opened your eyes and stared at Mina, she went wide-eyed, knowing by that look that the time had come.

"I'm going to let your hand go for just a moment, okay? Just breathe, you can do it. I'll be back, right back." She promised and felt her heart break as she slowly pulled your hand back.

She didn't want to leave your side. She wanted to keep holding your hand. You needed that. You needed her.

But, since it was time, she had no choice but to let your hand go so she could go get the doctor.

She kissed your head and then left your side. Her feet moved quickly beneath her and then even faster than before as soon as she heard you yell in pain from the hall.

She explained the situation to the doctor who quickly followed behind her.

Returning to the room, she helped you from the floor and onto the bed before she got as close as she could to you.

She used her sleeve to wipe away the beads of sweat on your forehead. You groaned in agony and her heart started to pound as it sank in.

It was finally happening.

Your baby was finally about to come and she was so excited that she felt like she might just throw up.

You looked at her and she kissed you quickly before putting her forehead on yours and grabbing your hand.

"Squeeze it tight. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere, darling. I'm going to be here every second, I promise. You've got this." She encouraged and heard you groan once more, so excited for your baby to finally be here.

Just as she promised, she was right by your side every second. She held your hand and never let go, even when your grip was tighter than she thought it'd ever be.

She was amazed by you, left in awe over how strong and determined you were to bring your baby into the world.

And now, she's crying harder than ever, feeling so happy that words wouldn't ever be enough to express it.

She stared at you and the baby on your chest.

She couldn't look away, mesmerized over how precious she is.

"We've got a daughter, y/n." She whispered as she stared at you in awe. "She's perfect."

"She is." You smiled. "And you were right. It feels so worth it now; everything I went through to get her here."

"Told you." She grinned and kissed your temple. "You're amazing. I'm very, very proud of you."

You thanked her before staring back at your daughter.

Her eyes were open. She was quiet as she looked at Mina, her eyes so big and brown and so beautiful.

"You're so cute." Mina chuckled. "You've got the tiniest ears and the cutest little nose and your little tiny fingers are so soft and cute." She sniffled and her heart raced as soon as she felt you'd little girl's tiny hand wrap around her pinky.

"I've never been so happy."

"Me neither," Mina whispered as she kissed your head. "I love you. Both of you."

"Love you too." You said and closed your eyes as you put your head on her shoulder, feeling so lucky and so happy.