she's sick (requested)

Your heart broke as Mina let out a groan. Her head rested on your lap, beads of sweat rolled down her warm forehead.

She's come down with a stomach bug. It's four in the morning and she's exhausted, but also restless from how achy and terrible she feels.

She hasn't thrown up or anything yet. But she's been up for the last thirty minutes with a stomach ache and a nauseous feeling and you're sure it's just a matter of time until she gets sick.

However, you're doing your very best to help her through this and maybe even coax her to sleep.

She groaned again and you shushed her softly.

"Shh, it's okay, baby. I've got you."

She nodded weakly and squeezed her eyes shut, hoping the sick feeling would fade away. But it wasn't getting any better, only worse, and she sat up suddenly while swallowing thickly as her mouth started to water.

You put your hand on her back to rub it in soft circles. She was sweating slightly, her shirt a little damp and sticking to her skin.

"Mina? Are you okay?" She asked worriedly, only for her to whimper out a 'no'.

"I feel really sick." She mumbled and tried to take a deep breath, only to shake her head as she realized she was gonna be sick.

She rushed into the bathroom and you heard her start to throw up right away. It broke your heart to hear it, but even more so - to see it.

You made your way into the bathroom and you frowned upon seeing her hold her hair back with a shaky hand, the other moving around to find some to grip. You knelt behind her and took her hair gently from her hand and into yours.

"Y/N?' She whimpered, reaching a shaky hand back for yours.

"I'm here, my love." You assured as you laid your hand over hers and crinkled your nose when she threw up again.

It was as though every time she thought she was finished, the lingering taste on her tongue would make her stomach turn once more.

She looked miserable and felt even worse. Through the entirety of your relationship until now, you've never seen her so sick, and it broke your heart every time she pleaded for it to stop.

And finally, an agonizing few minutes later, she stopped and her stomach settled. She leaned against you with a sigh, her shoulders slumping and her eyes closing as all of her strength vanished.

"Are you done, baby?"

"I think so." She spoke weakly and let out a little hum when you kissed the spot below her ear and let your lips linger for a moment. "I'm tired."

"I know you are, my love. Let's get your teeth brushed and get you to bed."

You helped her stand up and then led her to the sink, where she picked up her toothbrush and began to brush her teeth; both of you hoping that icky taste on her tongue would be brushed away easily before she got sick again.

"Do you think you can eat some soup? Or maybe just the broth? It might make you feel a little better."

"No." She said as she spat out the water after rinsing out her mouth.

The taste was gone, replaced with a slight mint taste instead. It didn't make her feel sick, surprisingly. It was much better than before.

"Okay. But you have to eat some later. After you get some sleep. Okay?"

"Deal." She mumbled and laid her head on your shoulder as you helped her out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, taking every step nice and slow.

As soon as she was in bed, she was shivering. You grabbed a sheet from the closet to lay over her instead of a heavy blanket.

"How's that? Warm enough?"

"Yeah." She said as she stared into your eyes, only for her to break the contact and close them when they became too heavy to keep open.

"Do you need some water? Or some juice?'

"Later. I just wanna sleep for now. Want you to hold me."

She didn't have to say another word. You were climbing into bed next to her right after the words fell from her lips.

You'd happily hold her any time you got the chance, but even more so when she's so sick. Anything that's gonna help make her feel better, you were willing to do for her.

You brushed a lock of hair behind her ear and she sighed contentedly at your touch.

"Sleep, sweet girl."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too, Mina. Sleep tight, sweet dreams." You said and watched her drift off to sleep, leaving you hoping she'd feel better when she woke up.