break up prank (requested)

"Oh, hi, baby," Mina smiled as she walked through the front door, surprised but oh so happy to find you waiting on the sofa. "After the day I had, I'm really happy that you're home so I can hug you." She said, eyes down on her shoes as she kicked them off beside the sofa.

She was surprised that you haven't said a word to her yet or gotten up to throw your arms around her for a hug. It's usually how you greet her, especially when she has a long and hard day like today. So she found it peculiar.

"Mina?"

She looked at you, a smile on her face only for it to fall when she saw the dull look in your eyes.

"We need to talk."

"That doesn't sound good." She chuckled. "Sounds like you're going to break up with me or something." She chuckled nervously, only for you to sigh and hang your head.

It hit her right away. Her heart broke right on the spot, aching like never before.

"I don't get it. Where is this coming from? We're doing better than ever. Our relationship is the strongest it's ever been. I only fall more in love with you every minute we spend together. Why do you want to end it? We're happy..."

She questioned the last two words as soon as they left her lips.

"Right?" She added, feeling a lump in her throat.

"Mina, please hear me out,"

"No! No, I-I don't want to hear you out. I don't want to hear some long speech about how 'it's not you, it's me'. You're the only one for me. You're the one I want to spend forever with. The only one I want to spend every day of my life with. You make me happy. You make everything better. How would I ever live without you by my side?"

She was already getting teary-eyed as she spoke. Never in her life has she ever felt so scared or so heartbroken.

"I love you." She said, voice cracking as the words left her lips. "So much. I can't imagine my life without you."

"Mina," you sighed, knowing already that you weren't going to be able to go on much longer.

Seeing her cry destroys you inside. Knowing you're the reason why is too much for you. She's your entire world. You love her too much to ever see anything other than the big beautiful smile of hers and those sparkly brown eyes as they stare into yours. The ones that were currently filled with tears as she grabbed your hands in yours, her bottom lip trembling as she tries to find the words to say.

"What is it that's going wrong? I know everything is hectic because of the comeback right now. Is it because I've been busy in the studio and practice lately? I'll find a way to fix that!"

"No, Mina, it's not that. You're an idol, that comes along with your life, and I understand that. I'd never make you feel bad about that, especially not when it's out of your hands."

"Then what is it? Please tell me. I want to fix it, I want to make it better. Because I want you to stay." She mumbled, trying her hardest to hold back her tears as she kisses across your shoulder and down your arm.

"You don't need to fix anything, Mina. Because I'm not breaking up with you. I'd never break up with you."

She lifted her head to stare at you with wide eyes. She couldn't hold back her tears any longer, letting one slide down her cheek. Her heart was beating faster now at the thought of you staying.

"What changed your mind?" She asked, unable to hold the question back.

"Nothing. I wasn't leaving or breaking up with you in the first place. It was just a prank!"

She sat there frozen and speechless for a second as it sank in.

"Why?" She spoke quietly, confusion and hurt flooding over her. "Why would you do that? Why would you ever think that'd be funny? You really scared me!"

"I'm sorry, Mina." You said and brought her knuckles to your lips so you could kiss them. "It was stupid. I feel awful about it."

"You should!"

"I know." You mumbled. "I'm sorry for scaring you. It wasn't cool or funny. It was stupid. I didn't think it'd go this far. I promise to never prank you again."

"Better not or else I'm walking out that door." She grumbled but soon cracked a smile as she realized that you weren't going anywhere. "I was afraid you'd leave, but deep down I had my doubts about that."

"Leave you? The love of my life? My entire world? Never. I'd get halfway out the door only to turn right back around. I can barely make it through the day without you by my side or weeks when you tour. A lifetime without my girl? I couldn't bear it." You said, smiling when she leaned in for a kiss.

"Me neither. I love you."

"I love you more."

"Can I have that hug now?" She asked and you chuckled before bringing her into your arms for a huge hug.

"You can have all the hugs your heart desires, my baby. Always." You said as you held her tight, wishing you'd never have to let her go ever again.