"Yeah, sorry about that," she apologized sheepishly.

Sam squinted, "earlier, you said that you heard Embry and I talking?"

"Yeah," Rue nodded.

"I wanna try something," He began to walk outside, "come on."

Rue looked at Embry, confused, but followed Sam anyways.

"I'm gonna go to the edge of the woods, and I'm gonna say something and if you hear it, I want you to shout it back to me, alright?"

Rue nodded, and Sam jogged across the yard, The group of five that were previously sat inside had come out on the porch. Interested to see what they were doing.

Whispering, Sam said, "Jared, please quit stuffing your face for like, five seconds."

Rue laughed, the other shifters gave her a weird look, they hadn't heard anything. She shouted back, "Jared, please quit stuffing your face for like, five seconds!"

"Hey!"

Sam smiled, jogging back.

"So, what was the point of that?"

"When you said you heard us earlier, you shouldn't have. Sure, we have enhanced hearing as humans, but not that enhanced. So I wanted to try something, and it worked. You have a special gift, like Malia and Jared."

"Superior hearing?" Malia asked.

"Yep."

"What?" Embry groaned, "why do you get a special gift and I don't?"

"Cause I'm cooler than you," Rue joked, "cry about it." Embry gasped dramatically before shoving her.

"Those are fighting words."

"You wanna go?" Rue challenged.

"Bring it on, Eruera."

Rue raised her eyebrows, "you know what, I was gonna go easy on you, but you had to go and whip out the government name."

The two began play fighting, Rue wrapped her arms around Embry's torso trying to trip him up.

"Hey! You can't do that!"

"Says who?"

Paul learned towards Malia, "I got five on Embry."

Malia scoffed, "oh please, Rue's got some fight in her, I raise you to ten."

Paul smirked, "you're on."

❀•°❀°•❀

Malia cackled as she watched as Embry finally tapped out, "pay up, bitch!"

Paul grumbled, shoving two fives into her hands, "come on, Embry."

"Oh shut up! You never make me any money because Malia always kicks your ass!"

"Yeah, I don't know why you keep betting on him, it gets you nowhere." Jared commented, shoving another muffin into his mouth. Sam had gone inside sometime during their fight, mumbling something about how he was a glorified babysitter.