one

"where the hell is lee donghyuck?" i hit the table in frustration and throw the papers, all of it, away.

it's been almost two weeks since he went to work. i've received only one excuse letter for his leave and it says he'd only be out for one week. but it's been more than that!

"sir- what happened?" johnny, my co-worker, gasps as soon as he enters my office.

i can't blame him for this. it was me who threw it away and it was purely out of frustration. papers were scattered and i can't already tell which is which.

"what are you doing here?" i fist my hands and raise a brow.

"i was just... asking if i could ask for a week leave, or maybe more than that. my husband is almost on his delivery day and i can't afford to leave him alone in case anything happens."

"ten's pregnant?"

"you're seriously asking me that?" he looks at me in disbelief. "that's the reason why you got donghyuck! because ten got pregnant."

i huff and shut my eyes in pure disappointment. "y-yeah..."

"cool down, bro..."

"bro?" i purse my lips into a thin line. "excuse me?"

he chortles and pats my back. "well, do you need anything before i leave?"

what choice do i have? i don't have anyone to trust around me anymore. ten hyung-i remember, he resigned because he got pregnant, and that happened eight months ago. so i hired another secretary-lee donghyuck. and he's not here. and right now, johnny is asking for a leave as well.

"do you have the file for the presentation tomorrow evening? my father is coming and i can't... destroy this."

"you won't, trust me. anyway, i don't have it. it's donghyuck's job, isn't it?"

i nod. i was actually about to ask him the copy for it last week, but things happened. i was so occupied by other things, the other papers that need to be signed, meetings here and there, and i had to do it by myself because donghyuck wasn't here and then i actually forgot to ask him for the copy. i just remembered that i need it when i got in here early morning.

"why don't you just ask him for it?"

"i emailed him about it just this morning, and until now i haven't received anything from him..."

"just call him..."

"i did." i huff and sat back down on my swivel chair. "and he didn't answer. every single call."

i don't know his address. i don't know where he lives or anyone around him.

"should i ask it from him the- wait... my mother in law is calling..."

i sigh and nod, letting johnny leave, but just a few steps away from me. i massaged my temples and somehow sooth myself from stress. i can't help but worry about things, and for the meeting tomorrow.

"f-fuck... mark, i need to go!"

"why?"

"they just sent ten to the hospital-"

i gasp. "is he finally giving birth-"

he nods and walks as wide as he could with his long legs but before he did that he turns to me with worried face.

"donghyuck lives in hyundai apartment. just a few block from your condo. just don't forget to knock."

that's what he said before leaving me behind with a contented sigh. i immediately opened my device and searched for donghyuck's number.