20: Numb

'Girls, can you smell that? This is the smell of real men!'

Few days later, I brought my servants out to the royal training ground to appreciate the scenery I missed in the real world; the beautiful scenery of the glistening abs and muscles of our most dedicated half-naked soldiers.

Come to grandma!

You know what's unique in this era?

*fufufu. Bless that bouncy ancient ass!

To this day, my innocent personal maid, Abao still think that I always came here to train my archery skills. Who's gonna tell her that her precious master's arrow is.. pointing in the dangerous but sexy direction?

Ohlala~ All these handsome men were blessing my eyes.

I was also enchanted by those yummy mermaid lines that I couldn't look away, not until Abao had stepped forward and whispered something on my ear.

I unconsciously wiped my lips, embarrassed that I might have drooled. "Who?"

"It's the disloyal maid Jiao Zhen."

My eyes reluctantly left the heart-beating scenery and looked in the direction that Abao pointed.

After the accidental kiss, I was glad to finally see Jiao Zhen. She was my dear friend. The five of us; my darling Kai, Tian Ming, Abao, me and Zhenzhen were very close in my past life.

We were like the *Avengers Ancient Chinese version. *sigh* We were once a team back then against the evil clutches of the Grand Empress Dowager Xie. We fought and won. We we're a family but now, things changed. The novel forced me to change.

"Stay here."

I left my servants at the door and followed the female lead to one dusty room. There were all pile of woods.

'What is she doing here? She's supposed to be a tea maid.'

The future Warrior Empress was walking weirdly and slowly. It was also the first time I saw Jiao Zhen in her hagard and dirty self.

"Y-Your Highness! What are you doing here?"

Her face immediately crumpled hundred times that how it usually does when she meet me. The female lead then forced herself to salute: "Greetings to Her Highness the Crown Princess."

I ignored her disrespectful gaze. "You.."

"Show me your legs."

From bowing posture, the future Warrior Empress abruptly looked towards my face, disbelief written on her face.

They say, few days ago, the personal maid of Tāizì (*crown prince), Maid Jiao Zhen offended Her Highness.

Jiao was suspicious when this grandma inquired her about her legs. She said nonchalantly that it was because of her clumsiness; that she fell.

But I doubt it.

"I said, show this princess your legs."