17: Troublesome

I could imagine the male lead being blocked by Tian Ming again and the others from entering my palace.

Even after six years, why is he still like this? 'Kitten, when will you grow up? How long can you stay innocent and naive inside this bloody palace?'

"I.. just want to s-see you."

But after spending these few years with him, I started getting cautious of the male lead. I found out some things about him that are much more complex and different than what was written in the novel.

"Princess, d-don't ignore me. Please. I'll be good."

Since then, I watched him like a hawk, I became more vigilant and wary not just of him but also the plot. I know I can't let my guard down even for a moment.

"Please, let me see m-my beloved."

"Li Cha.."

'My beloved.' I smiled. Even in my last life, I like the sound of that from his cutie lips.

"Your Royal Highness, please don't be disrespectful to the princess. You cannot call the Crown Princess by her given name."

Du Kai only stutters when he's under severe emotional distress. However, regardless of how long we've been together, I must remain unmoved by his pleas and tears. I cannot let him know his special place in this villainess's heart.

"Why I'm not allowed to stay with with the Crown Princess? Why can't this p-prince see her?"

'In my last life, Kai can't be.. just acting in front of me, right? How about this life? His tears, his smiles.. I wonder if they're real.'

'What if the male lead is not what he appears to be?'

But a part of me believes that it's impossible because I knew Du Kai my whole life.

I basically raised him like a mother. I dote him like his grandmother. Yo! We even suffered together like brothers-in-arms!

In my last transmigration, no one knew him like I do. Every expressions he can make, every habits and movements I've known them by heart.

"Your Royal Highness!"

"His Royal Highness the Crown Prince suddenly fainted!"

'What?!'

Just like that, my grāndma-instinct kicked in and I totally forgot all of my swithering. I yelled to the guards to quickly open the door and my fast feet carried me beside the collapsed male lead.

"Kai!"

Without hesitation, I took Kai's small body to my arms and the villainess transformed into an angry gorilla with nostrils flaring: "Hurry! What are you all doing?! Summon the imperial physician!"

Du Kai is already fifteen years old yet this child is not growing at the average rate for his age.

According to the imperial physician, the most likely cause of this are the inadequate of absorption of nutrients from food and his weak constitution. I'm very troubled about this for years.