25: To start

My eyes fell directly on Du Kai's sleeping face.

His brows were tightly frowned yet his face was still extremely beautiful. His long eyelashes trembled incessantly, like the wings of a butterfly; fluttering and magical. His skin was pale and bloodless, like that of a vampire; very white and tempting.

"M-mother.."

The end of his closed-eyes were filled with tears and the tears were falling down beautifully like pearls.

"M-mother.."

My sleepiness came and went quickly. Du Kai murmured something. I leaned forward, trying to get closer to listen.

"M-mother.."

"Yes, son."

Eh?

Ehh???!

"M-mo.. ther?"

"Eh no, this is your grandma." I replied back.

Looks like I scared the male lead because he finally stopped talking in his sleep. In my arms, I felt Kai's small body stiffened then suddenly, it seems to be.. trembling a little bit. I saw him pursing his lips tightly as if..

Yo! Is he holding his laugh?

After the sun goes down and the temperature began to drop gradually, finally the busy palace came into silence.

Wouldn't it be lovely if everyone and everything just cooperated with this villainess and just follow the freaking script?

But no.

When I first realized that the course of events in the novel had changed without me interfering, it would be a lie if I say it didn't made me anxious and scared.

The villain– Mu Xuan was one of the reason of the dog prince success in usurping the dragon throne yet Nan King showed no interest in the crown unlike in the previous life or like in the novel.

Six years ago, when my idiot brother Li Rui smoothly (Too smooth. Smooth like butter! (bts?) ascended as the emperor, the news came to me like a thunder strike.

"This ancient paper doesn't taste so good."

I remember when Abao saw me chewing the paper, she only calmly passed me my favorite jasmine tea. "Because they're not.. for eating, Your Highness."

After failing, Li Rui was supposed to lived his whole life as an exiled prince. In the original novel, Li Rui didn't become the monarch but the dog prince instead.

Since young, I never liked that dog prince brother. His existence was like a waving death flag of my best friend. However, somehow in this life, Suxin married her killer.

Can you believe her?! Her killer!

In her letters, Suxin assured me that she was happy. How could she be so happy with her killer? Is this the famous stockholme syndrome? Beauty and the beast story?

I couldn't stopped worrying. I think my white hair started showing and I might go bald like Physician Gu at this case.

In the end, I could only patiently shouted at my lovely Suxin in my letters; to remind her to be careful at the mad dog. Why is she so innocent? I'm the one getting depression over this. Suxin had no idea how that crazy Li Han bit her once in our previous lives!

Now they've been married for six years, a question pop in my head: is she masochist?

I'm having amixed feelings here. I'm glad that Li Rui-ass didn't got exiled and didn't die. Same with Suxin baby girl, she lived. (unlike what was written in the novel or in our past lives)

This..

Bro, what's happening?!

No, the question is.. how about me? How about this octopus?

In the original plot, Suxin died the same way Li Cha did.

Yes. No one knows more than I do that I'm gonna die. The seventh princess must die!

I remember being dissatisfied with the villainess' death. Li Cha died too peacefully where all the readers wanted her to die in a brutal death; being a eaten by pigs or being hanged.

Women in ancient times put too much importance to their face and dignity especially royal women. Li Cha was the same. The seventh princess believes if she lose her royal status, her noble pride and dignity as the princess; she better off dead than lived as a damn loser.

Losing her title to a mere servant, watching her own husband being loveydovey with the female lead, such insult; felt like chewing nails and swallow them with all of her anger and jealousy.

Imagine, years of grooming Du Kai to be her pet then what, only to be stolen by the female lead?

Ha!

The male lead immediately took the female lead as his concubine after his revenge with the Grand Empress Dowager Xu.

Then days later, Li Cha was caught in a trap. All of her bad deeds and crimes came to light; lead by the newly conferred concubine. No one cares if all the evidences and witnesses were real or crafted . It doesn't really matter as long as the seventh princess will have her downfall.

You know. The usual routine of the villainess.

When Li Cha heard that the dirty slave will be crowned as Du Kai's new empress, The prideful princess couldn't withstand it. So she did the most reasonable thing; she went for the kill.

The infamous poison tea. Plot twist, the cups got switched.

*ying*ying*ying (*sound of fake crying) That's right. In the end, I, this grandma supposed to end up poisoning herself.

Yo! Typical ending! So typical!

In the plot, after Li Cha died, Jiao Zhen was crowned the empress. The novel didn't end there. People started calling her the Warrior Empress when she fiercely and personally lead the Du Army to fight the bloodlust Nan Army. Whilst, Du Kai stayed in the safety walls due to his body's weak constitution.

Thus, this became the reason why the male lead was criticized by his own people.

Or so the readers thought.

Instinctively, I stretched out my hand and caressed the tip of Kai's soft hair.

Now I doubt that.. any of the plot will happen.

What should I do? The script was diverting to different directions.

And the current Du Kai is.. My darling Kai is..

I sighed to myself and continued staring at nothingness. 'Bro, do I really need to start to pack up?'