Zero

Dream tumbled back, groaning as he slid to a halt. He and his friends had been thrown around and beaten by his brother and his gang for hours now. He was becoming too weak to stand back up and play defense.

Still, the god weakly got to his feet, his bones rattling and shaking as he stood as tall as possible.

"You really are adorable, brother. I keep throwing you down, and you keep standing back up!" The corrupted twin cackled, his voice booming across the wrecked remains of the AU.

At a time, it was Outertale. As peaceful and beautiful as there are stars in the sky.

The dark king snapped his fingers, and at his command, Killer had teleported to his side.

"Let's finish this," Nightmare growled, prompting a devilish smirk from his right hand.

The murderer charged forward, trying to attack the injured star. Still, he blocked each slice and stab and swing of Killer's bloodied knife with his deteriorating bow.

As the sun twin was preoccupied, the darker approached the other two thirds of the group. The Star Sanses.

Ink was unconscious, his skull dented and cracked. It was mere blows from caving in, killing the artist.

Blue was still awake, and still clinging to life well. Despite that, his bones were becoming sore and weak. He was helpless, unable fight with the strength he'd been drained of, unable to run or teleport with his friend in his arms. He could've left, still alive and able to recover, but he refused to leave his friends.

He fought along side them, and he would die the same way.

"To think you were the things most precious to him," the dark king cooed, staring at the weakened pair. He grinned as Blue shook and shivered more, loving the strength his fear gave. "So pathetic and colorful. It does make sense, though." His tentacles raised, sharpening to attack. "Don't worry; he'll follow you soon."

Blue looked down, bracing himself for it. He couldn't run; he couldn't fight. His fear faded as his tears poured. He'd lived a good life, he thought. He looked at his friend, unaware and unconscious. It would be a good death for a good life.

Dream caught a glimpse of what was about to happen. Suddenly, he knocked Killer's feet out from under him, grabbing his shoulder and waist and throwing him. 

The god's weapon began to glow as he summoned a positivity arrow. It was brighter than any other he'd shot, but that wouldn't be the only difference.

The damage caused by his enemies's attacks shown a golden glow. His bones steadied, beginning to glow as well. The wind picked up, making the tattered ends of Dream's coat and scarf begin to float and wave behind him. He was illuminated. The one thing that glowed brighter than his arrow was the golden heart-shaped apple floating around his supper left rib-cage. His soul.

This was it.

This ends now!

"Stay away from them!" Dream screamed, a rare anger burning in his voice.

His brother looked at him, shocked to see the golden twin glowing, with his weapon aimed at him. Not aimed to miss.

Killer's blank eyes went wide. He jumped up, attempting to run forward. He knew what would happen.

But Dream has released the arrow, the glowing golden bolt flying towards the corrupted king.

"No!" Killer yelled. But it was too late.

The arrow made impact, striking Nightmare right in his right eye. Everyone on the battlefield was blinded by the shining white light, and deafened by the fallen guardian's screams.