Little Lies (OT8) [PART 2]

Start from the beginning

"Slip," supplied helpfully Changbin.

"Something caused him to slip, then. And I think I know exactly what."

They all watched as Jisung walked up to the couch. Hyunjin had now managed to fully calm Felix down, and the freckled boy had his eyes closed, mouthing at Hyunjin's neck every few seconds or so while the older gently petted his head. Careful not to disturb Felix, Jisung gently pulled up his sleeve, revealing the bruise blooming on his skin.

The room instantly felt ten times colder than before.

"What the f—"

"Hyung, no! Don't curse in front of the baby!" shushed Jeongin.

Minho half-glared, but still corrected himself. "What the heck? Where is this from?"

"Hyung, this wasn't an accident – the bruise is shaped like a hand."

Frankly, it didn't take a genius to connect the dots. Felix hadn't been injured this morning, none of them had grabbed him in such a way, and the only time they hadn't been around him was when he left for his daily meeting with Minsoo.

Chan gritted his teeth, a fire burning in his eyes. "We're going to have a chat with Minsoo-ssi tomorrow. But first, let's get our baby home."

.

When Felix woke up, he was still in Hyunjin's arms – except they were no longer in the dance studio, but in his room, back in the dorms. At first a little disoriented, it didn't take too long for what happened to sink in, the fuzzy memories slowly coming back to him as horror filled his guts.

Just as his breathing started picking up, he felt Hyunjin's arms tighten around him.

"Shh, sweetheart. It's okay, everything's okay."

Frankly, were his eyes not hurting so much from his earlier crying fit, he probably would have burst into tears again. As it was, though, he simply let himself go lax in his boyfriend's hold, forcing his breathing to slow down. As scared as he was, the mere fact that Hyunjin was still holding him helped reassure him.

He doesn't hate me. Everything's okay.

"How do you feel, Lix?" asked softly Hyunjin, threading his fingers through the messy hair on the back of Felix's head.

"Tired," he croaked out, his voice hoarse and his throat sore. "I'm sorry—"

"Shh, no apologies. Let's go to the kitchen to grab you something to eat, hm? The others want to see you, too."

Felix could only agree, and Hyunjin got up. An intense devastation almost instantly swept over the freckled boy, a sense of abandonment chilling him to the very core – but before he could even say anything about it, Hyunjin wrapped his arms around him and picked him up, Felix instinctively wrapping his legs around his waist to steady himself.

He flushed a deep red when he met Hyunjin's eyes – they were filled with adoration.

"You're cute, Lix."

His blush deepening, Felix instantly hid his face in Hyunjin's neck. The older chuckled, patting his bum before heading out. They made it to the kitchen under a minute and, when they arrived, they found the rest of their boyfriends already there, either seated at the table or leaning against the counter.

The moment they entered the kitchen, all of their faces lit up.

"Lixie!" exclaimed cheerfully Jisung. "Come here, baby!"

"Yah! You got to hog him earlier, now it's my turn!" protested Jeongin.

"No! If we give him to you, you'll never let him go again!"