28

*Viktor's pov*

It was dead silent until Luke started to growl.
"You fucking bitch! Did you do this to him?!" He demanded to know from her but she just coldly smiled and then looked towards me and George.

"Oh no I didn't do this."
She said making me sigh in relief but as soon as she spoke again my heart dropped.
"I have people for this. As if I would dirty my hands with this stupid dogs blood."

From the corner of my eye I saw Luke's body start to tremble and his features becoming more wolf like. He surely was about to shift but Julius grabbed his arm, just in time and whispered something to him, making him calm down at least a little bit.

I didn't know how to make sense of it all. Why would my mother, who I had thought was dead for almost eleven years, kidnap my mate just so she could torture him.

The tears that I had tried to hold back started to run down my face and with a shaky voice i asked her. "Why would you do this?!"
I was hoping to get at least some reason out of her but instead she just looked away, ignoring my visible pain.
It infuriated me.
"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THIS!"

Her gaze emidietley snapped back to be, disapproval and anger written all over it.
"First of all young men don't swear at me! For Christ's sake I'm your mother!" She snarled back while pointed her finger at me but only a second later this cold, bitchy smile was there again, hiding her true feelings.
"And secondly this all didn't have to happen, if this god damn coward hadn't messed up his mission. Believe me, you and this mutt would have been just fine but nfortunately though I was left with no other choice to get you here."

"But...but why?" I stuttered. My mind racing trying to piece everything together but it still didn't make any sense to me.
It also didn't help that again I got no answer from her.

But thankfully my father finally seemed to have overcome his shock. He walked over to my side and then said "Mary I also don't understand what's gotten into you but please let us talk about this. I don't want to fight you, I love you."

This final make her crack and she let that fake smile drop in a matter of seconds.
"LIAR! You are incapable of loving anybody, you cold hearted monster! I was never anything else to you then a tool, to secure an alliance with the witches!"

He was baffled by her accusations.
"No that's ot true!"
But then he took a step back and more quietly, almost like hung up in his own thoughts said "I mean...  maybe at the beginning it was like that but I did really fall in love with you and I thought you felt the same way..."

"That's enough! I don't want to hear one more lie from your disgusting mouth!"
She whistle and a bunch of werewolfs came storming in from the other doors that lead into the large room we were in.

It would have been quiet the even match but with half of the other guards having taken a different way in and them being still nowhere in sight, they out numbered us by a far.

When I saw a gray werwolf rushing towards me.
I quickly got to my feet to protect George, who was still unconscious. Then summoned lightning into my hand. I gridded my teeth and just ignored the pain it cost me.

Fusk why did I decide to study potions and poisons instead of actually fighting magic?!

The sparks flew every where, hitting only the shoulder of my target instead of his head but he still feel down.
But I knew that he would be able to get up soon. The shot just wasn't good enough.

When I used the moment to look down at my hand I saw that it was heavily bleeding.

Shit if I use this spell again it will probably cost me my hand! I thought and looked around for help.
My father and the guards where busy holding of the majority of our attackers at the other side of the room.

Then I caught a glimpse at Julius hiding behind some machinery.
He seemed busy trying to cast spells.
Next to him was a large fox that was growling and biting at everyone that tried to get to close.

Wow a maned wolf... AH! Shit NO Vick! Concentrate!

I looked back the stunned wolf in front of me just in time before he was able to pull a sneak attack on me.
He leaped at me and managed to throw me to the ground.
Quickly I throw him off and rolled away, before he got the chance to bite into my throat.

He growled at me and got ready to pounce on me again, when suddenly George jumped up and bit into the other wolf's neck.
With a loud crunch it broke, making the gray wolf collapse.

George on the other hand staggered towards me. I reached out to him and with a whimper he fell onto my lap.

"Fuck! Julius get us out of here!" I screamed as loud as I could.

"I can't! My magic isn't working! It's-" He got interrupted when the large metal door to our right where flung open.
I expected there to be even more enemies but when I saw the rest of the guards storming into the room  I sighed in relief.

With our numbers now being even it was a much easier fight.
There where still losses on both sides but the others made fast progress ripping the wolf's to pieces.
Even Julius and me managed to be useful. He had found an sledgehammer for himself that he used to break of an old rusty pipe, that he quickly throw to me so I could defend myself too.

I had just managed to hit the pipe over a werewolfs head when I heard a high pitched scream.
I looked up and saw the wolf's slowly retreating.

"You fucking cowards! Get back here!" My mother ordered them but they didn't seem to listen.

"Yeah run you fucking dogs! You are just weak little bitches!" Julius taunted them while swinging the hammer in there desecration like a mad men.
It seemed to not really impress anybody but rather just managed to piss off Luke, who growled at him.

I thought it would be over now that they were leaving but then suddenly my mother teleported just a few feet in front of me.

"This isn't over! You are going to suffer just like I did!" She yelled at my father
She then casted a spell making a huge ball of fire appeared in her hand.
Then she glared at me one last time before she threw it right at me.

Before I could realize what was happening it was already to late for us to get out of the way.
So I just hugged Georges unconscious body closer to me and closed my eyes, hoping that it  would be at least quick.

But instead of feeling the flames burning me alive I only felt something warm and wet.
I slowly opened my eyes again and when I saw the deep red fluid, that was sprayed all over me, I slowly looked toward the spot where my mother had been standing just a second ago.

She was laying there with her throat ripped out and blood purring out of it like a fountain and right in front of her was a still smoking and scorched corpse.