26

*Luke's pov*

I was in the kitchen, cooking some soup for Vick when I heard somewhere inside of the apartment the sound of glass breaking.
Quietly I moved towards the direction, while preparing myself mentally to shift into my wolf form and rip, who ever had dared to intrud to pieces.

But when I rounded a corner in the hallway and I saw Vicktor leaning against the wall and a broken picture frame laying before him.

It seemed like he was struggling to keep himself on his feet, so I quickly went over to him and grabbed his arm to help him stand.

"Where the hell do you think you are going?" I questioned him, annoyed that he had even tried to get out of bed even though he was in such a bad state.

"I have to find him. He needs me." He weakly mumbled and tried to push me away.

I shook my head and then angrily replied "Vick, you can't even walk on your own. Also we have no fucking idea where he is or do you think I would be here twiddling my thumbs if I knew where he was?"

With a pathetic whimper Vick slowly glided down the wall and pulled his knees against his chest.

"Please I know how to find him." He whimpered, making my hopes go up but as soon as he continued they got chattered again.
"I can feel where he is. We just have to go in the direction."

I sighed and crouched down in front of him.
"Vick, look I know a mate bond is strong but...I can't allow you to risk your life just because of a gut feeling. I promised Julius-"

Before I could finish my argument Vicktor started to cough quite badly.
He bent forward and held his hand over his mouth. It almost sounded like he was struggling to get something out of his throat and when he finally stopped I saw to my horror what it was.

His hand and lips were splattered with deep red blood.
Before I could even ask if he was okay, he answered it for me with tears in his eyes.
"Please Luke. He is dieing."

*Julius pov*

I just had finished explaining this entire mess to my uncle when my phone started to ring.
Without even looking at the screen I answered the call and was slightly confused when I heard Luke's voice. He sounded breathless and there seemed to be the noise of a car engine in the background.

"Oh thank god. Julius, I need some back up." Before I could question him about what was going on he hastily continued.
"Vick said he can somehow feel where George is. We are driving in the direction right now. But I don't think I can fight those guys on my own. So could you please come and help me."

It took a moment to sink in but then I angrily yelled into the phone "What the fuck I told you to stay put!"

Luke cleared his throat and then smugly replied "Well uhm... technical you only told me to keep an eye on Vick and protect him and he is right next to me so..."

"And you call it 'protecting him' when you are going to the place where the guys are that kidnapped George?!" I growled. Then saw from the corner of my eye how my uncle set up straight in his large office chair and gave me a look of sheer panic.

"Well what fuck was I supposed to do?! They are dieing!" Luke argued back.
When I heard that, I just stood there frozen in shock.
"Shit..."

"Yeah shit! So are you coming or not?" He hastily demanded to know.
I stupidly nodded but then remembered that I was talking to him over the phone.
"Ofcourse! Send me your location.
I see if I can bring some others for help." I replied while again glancing at my uncle.
He seemed alerted and angrier then I had ever seen him before.

Luke and me said quickly said our goodbyes and then hung up.

"Vladimir can I take some of the guards to rescue Viktor's mate?" I requested, hoping that this wouldn't anger him even more.

"Some?" He hissed and stood up from his chair, slamming his hands on the table in front of him.

Shit ofcourse he won't agree to helping a werewolf. What was I thinking?! Even if he hadn't said anything so far and just listened to me, that still doesn't mean he is okay with it!

"Well...uhm..." I stuttered and nervously shifted my weight from one foot to the other.

"You are not taking some of them! WE are taking ALL of them with us!" He yelled while storming past me.

"Wait what? But I thought you wouldn't..." I said and hurried after him.

"This is about my son's life, Julius! If we had more time I would even order every single vampire in existence to help but we don't. So we have to make do with what we have and that's all of our guards and my private forces!"

"Wait... so you are not angry?"I asked while he started to order every guard that we passed on our way to follow him.

"Oh NO I'm livid! But that doesn't matter right now. We first have to save my future son in law and than I will yell at my stupid son for keeping something so important a secret from me!"
He sight and then mumbled to himself "Please be okay. I can't lose you too."