27

*Viktor's pov*

"Could you please stop that? You are driving me insane." I groaned and leaned my head back.
This fucking headache is killing me...

Luke stopped tapping on the steering wheel just for a second just to then continued again.
"Someone could think your mate was in danger and not mine." I half heartedly joked, in an attempt to ease the tension.

But it seemed to back fire because Luke angrily replied "He is my best friend and alpha. So yes I'm fucking worried. Also thanks to your stupid idea I had no other option then to put my mate in danger too."  His tapping got even faster and I could hear him grinding his teeth together.

I glanced over to him and lifted an eyebrow.
"So you guys really are...?"
"Yes! Now shut up, I have to concentrate!" He interrupted harshly before I was able to finish the sentence.

We then just set there in silence, the only noises being Luke's constant tapping and my occasional coughing.

Thankfully a few minutes later Julius finally arrived.
I was surprise to see that  he wasn't alone.
My father and all of our guards where with him.

When my father walked up to me I expected to get yell at, maybe even hit or disown but what I didn't expect was that instead he just pulled me into a tight hug and then with tears in his eyes asked how I was doing.

To say that I was surprised would have been an understatement.
But there wasn't time to question my father's strange behavior another wave of pain hit me.

I tumbled forward and almost hit the ground but luckily my father caught me.
"Okay we got to hurry. Vick you stay here and-"

"No!" I yelped making my father stop mid sentence.
"I'm not staying behind no matter what you say!"

Seeing my determination took him by surprise.
Helplessly he looked towards Julius for help but he just shrugged and said "I hate to say it uncle but it doesn't really make a difference if he comes with us or not. Also he is as stubborn as donkey so I doubt that he would really stay put as soon as we are gone."

He brushed some of his black and gray hair out of his face, he pondered for a second and then sighed in defeat.
"Fine but you stay by my side no matter what happens! I don't want you to get hurt."
"Yes father."

Shortly after we all walked down the over grown street toward the huge, decapitated building.
We tried to stay hidden in the shadows and swiftly moved closer.

Julius told half of the guards to go around the building while we went through the main entrance.

It took only minimal effort to break the lock and enter.
Long dark hallways stretch to either side of us, one looking just like the other.

"Okay now where do we go?" Julius whispered.
I took another look and then pointed to our left side.
"This way." I said with as much certainly I could muster up.
In actuality I had no idea what way to take, it was only a gut feeling that told me where George was.

We walked down the corridors and then rounded a corner leading us into large room that must have been the main room, that must have been a factor room at one point. Conveyer belts and old, dusty machinery took up most of the space.

Then I saw him. George.
He was laying motionless in the middle of the room in his wolf form. His dark brown fur mudded with blood and open wounds everywhere.

Before I could even think about why there was nobody around guarding him or if this was mostly a trap, I just rushed towards him and sunk to my knees next to him.

Oh thank god he is still breathing. I thought and layed my hand onto his head. He whimpered but otherwise there was no reaction.
"Don't worry we get you out of here and then everything will be okay." I promised him and myself while trying to hold back my tears.

"Oh I don't think so, sweetie." An oddly familiar voice said. I tilted my head and looked at the woman that was now standing near the other side of the large room.

I had the feeling that I had seen her before but I couldn't remember where. At least not until my father next to me whispered her name.
"Mary..."

Quickly I looked toward him and then back to her and then finally I recognized her.
"Mother?"

There was no doubt that this blonde woman with those glowing purple eyes was the same woman as the one from my memories. She had aged a bit but was still recognizable.

"How this possible?! I thought you were dead?!" My father yelled, his voice shaking from the overwhelming mix of emotions and tears forming in eyes.

She just coldly laughed "You seriously believed that?" Then she paused for a moment and then mockingly added "I guess you are really dumber than I thought."