"Slow," she whispered as she spread her legs to accommodate him.

"Slow," Derek nodded, gently sliding into her.

"Oh," she breathed, her eyes sliding shut as she took him in. It had been weeks, actual weeks since they'd had sex, and it took her a moment to accommodate him.

"You okay?" he whispered.

"Perfect," she nodded, already breathless. "You can...please."

Derek grunted in response as he pulled out of her before sliding back in, creating a soft and slow rhythm as he made love to her.

"Derek," she breathed as she arched her back, trying to take him in deeper. "Yes...."

Derek continued moving inside of her, and she opened her eyes to meet his, noticing how dark they were. Their eyes locked as they continued to move against each other, and she was amazed at the sensation. They were both completely silent, save for the occasion grunt from Derek or her moans of pleasure, but they were quiet. They were never quiet, but there was something special about this moment, something about how they could communicate through their locked eyes instead of the usual screams and demands that accompanied their lovemaking.

"Mer," he whispered, and she felt him pause inside of her. She nodded encouragingly, reaching up to wrap her hand in his thick hair.

"It's okay," she whispered, smiling softly. "Come, Derek."

"But...you..."

"Come," she nodded. "I'll be taken care of."

With that, Derek thrust one last time into her before she felt him release, triggering her own orgasm. "Yes," she moaned, falling back against the pillows. "Oh my God."

"Wow," Derek breathed.

"How is it that every time we have sex it just gets better?" she asked as she turned on her side to look at him.

"Practice," he laughed. "And we have a lot of practice."

"We do," she smiled, cuddling into him. "I missed you these past couple weeks."

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I put in extra hours so I could get as much time off at Christmas as possible."

"How did the wicked witch take that?" Meredith asked, running her fingers over his soft chest hair. Ellis hadn't bothered either one of them in the past few months, but Derek still had to play his cards right with the chief of surgery.

"She didn't seem to care," he sighed. "Said something about holidays being for the weak, but she let me have five days off."

"That's nice," Meredith smiled.

"So we can have five days of this," he smiled.

"I like this," she whispered.

"Me too," he smiled, pulling her into another kiss. "You ready?"

Before Meredith could answer, the buzzer went off and he sighed. "Pizza."

"Pizza," Meredith nodded, reaching for his boxers. "Bring me food."

"Of course," he laughed, sliding into his boxers and t-shirt and pulling his wallet out of his pants. "I'll be right back.

"Hurry," she breathed.

Derek disappeared as he opened the door and exchanged a few words with the delivery man. Meredith smiled to herself as she pushed the blankets over her heated body, ready to give Derek a surprise when he came back.

He was grateful he had the pizza box grasped tightly in his hands when he returned to the fireplace, because when he laid eyes on Meredith, legs spread as her own hand gently stroked herself, he was sure that he'd never seen anything hotter.