"Are you busy?"

Safwa asked, looking behind him. She narrowed her eyes momentarily at the two junior doctors still lingering there. They were watching the interaction with interest.

"I was but I'm free now. Everything's fine?"

Safwa settled her gaze back on him and nodded.

"It is. I just want to talk to you about something. "

Izaan was confused but more than that he was concerned. It wasn't a usual happening in Izaan Shoaib's life that Safwa Kirmani came barging into his workplace and asked for them to talk.

"Sure."

"But not here."

Safwa added to which he smiled.

"Of course. This is no place to talk."

He gestured towards the long hallway ahead. Safwa followed him as he started walking.

"They have something going on."

Dr. Nida exclaimed which made her colleague and a close friend Dr. Maha to look up from the file the pointers about which she had just gotten from Dr. Izaan. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Good for them. They compliment each other."

"Yeah. Laid back Dr. Izaan with someone with an attitude."

Maha smiled.

"Let's be real here. If I had that kind of dressing sense and face, I'd have an attitude too."

"You are just being modest."

Nida shook her head and following Maha, got back to the file. Theirs was a packed life and these few moments of respite where they saw a beautiful woman approaching their PGR was something out of ordinary. It was the most unusual thing they would get in the monotonous house job.

Safwa took the seat opposite Izaan as they sat down at one of the tables in the cafeteria.

"I won't be taking much of your time. Just hear me out okay?"

She asked and he nodded even though he was now getting agitated too thinking what this could be about.

"Your brother came to see me."

Izaan's brows shot up.

"Ibsam you mean?"

"Yes, that one. In fact it happened with his wife stalking me and being not so subtle with her disdain."

Izaan wasn't pleased to know this. Safwa could tell.

"What'd she say to you?"

"That's not important. The main thing in this whole scenario is, Your brother is regretting everything. Heck, he even apologized to me as well."

It was another shocker for him. Safwa pursed her lips and shrugged.

"Yeah, Exactly."

Izaan leaned into his chair and then sighed.

"He's been trying to apologize to Baba for a while now. "

"Don't you think it's time for you guys to talk like a family. I hope I'm not crossing any limit here."

"You aren't and yes, you're right. They need to talk. But the thing is, Ibsam and Baba, well they both are the two sides of the same coin. They are stubborn. Ibsam understood where he did wrong but it took him years to do that because of how he is and Baba is taking his own time trying to look past his mistakes."

"What about you?"

Izaan didn't look her in the eye and Safwa felt her frustration seeping into her veins.