Chapter 5 ~ Nyctophilia

Nyctophilia noun

             Love of the darkness or night. Finding relaxation or comfort in the darkness.

Karl pov

The final minutes of History took forever today but it always does when you have something you are actually looking forward to right?

Today was mall day for George, Quackity and I. We don't go often but when we do we make a whole day out of it which tended to be the best days. Sometimes Niki and a few others would join but since we are primarily there to get stuff to wear to the game tomorrow it's just us three. 

Finally after a five long minutes that could of probably been hours in how long it felt like the bell rings and I pack up my notebook in my bag along with George and head to our lockers. 

I haven't talked to Sapnap and those guys much since last night when I sent him the pictures, only a bit of small talk during gym if you could even count that as talking. It was more like a drive by conversation but that wasn't much to worry about now.

"So what colours is their team anyways?" I ask out of no where. 

"I think Dream said green and white." George responds when he opens his locker.

Those can easily make a good outfit for sure. They don't have bad taste in colours. They weren't my favourite- purple and blue are- but I mean, it could of been worse. 

"Come on, Q should be at his car by now." George slammed his locker and pulled me along with him as I quickly close mine as well and pull my backpack firmly back on my shoulder while being dragged by the British brunette.

As we walk out we spot Quackity's car in his normal parking space with the windows down and the music blasting, classic Q. The guy loves driving and ever since he got his licences he has been driving everywhere, unless he planned to get drunk or something in which I normally had to pick him up since George didn't have his licence yet. 

As he sees us walking up to the car he smirks and turns down the music. 

"Get in losers we're going shopping." he shouts to both of us which make us giggle, he laughs along too. Really, Mean Girls. 

"Nice to see you too Quackmister." George says as he hops in the passenger which makes me the backseater which only means one thing. 

"Pass me the aux!" I shout which makes George passes me the cord. It has always been an unspoken rule in the trio that the person that sits in the back gets to control the music which wasn't terrible because we all had alright music choices, I just have the best. 

Quackity starts pulling out of the parking spot when the music starts and we are all buckled up, you can never be to careful. The song of choice being Scrawny by Wallows. 

"How was your little chess club Gogmister?" Quackity questions to start a conversation up. "I mean couldn't be that fun when it is just all in black and white."

"Pretty well, everyone knows how to actually play now so that's good." He laughs as he finishes his sentence and we do as well. "And just because it's black and white doesn't mean it can't be good."

"Beg to differ." Quackity shrugs.

George being apart of chess club -and head of it- meant that he couldn't hang out with us at lunch on Thursdays and Mondays so we filled him in on the lunch period as well as the Quackity hitting Punz in the face story and we made our way to the closest mall. It was with a dodgeball and he laughed at it and punted the ball right back at him. It was great, I watched the whole thing and almost fell down in laughter. Gym was becoming not such a dreading class.