8: Leaving The Apartment

"Come on, Kazu." 

Bakugou grabbed his son's hand, before turning around to his apartment. He was moving back in with his parents, bringing his son with him. Their apartment was no longer theirs, since he was unable to pay the bills on time for nearly a year. 

The blonde climbed his son into his car, stuffing a few suitcases and bags alongside of him. 

"Why do we have to leave?" The boy asked, holding onto his All Might bag. Katsuki never really understood why his son never really wanted any DEKU merchandise. He'd rather go with All Might instead. Oh, well.

"We have to leave 'cause Dad can't stay here anymore." Bakugou said, tying his seatbelt and glancing in the mirror. 

"Is there villains after you?" The green haired boy asked, curious. Katsuki scoffed. "No, there's no bad people after me or anything. We just aren't allowed to stay here anymore, 'kay?" The father stated, driving out the driveway. He glanced one last time at his apartment, before driving away. 
"I'm going to miss that place. Do you think mommy's going to follow us there?" Kazuo asked, earning a confused glare some his father. "What do you mean?" 

"Mommy's ghost. Do you think he'll come with?" The boy asked, seemingly worried. 

His father sighed. "Of course. I'm sure Mommy's always watching over you, making sure you're okay." Katsuki said, smiling softly at his son. Kazuo returned the smile. 

It hadn't been too long that Kazuo had discovered his quirk. He was able to smash things just by throwing an object at it. That's probably why he loved throwing his toys around so much when he was a baby. However, ever since the boy discovered his power, he started talking about his mother often. For example: He'd often say that his mother was around, and that he was watching over them. 

Bakugou thought it as just a phase, and that the freckled boy would get over it soon enough.

Every kid has a weird phase. 

This one was simply Kazuo's. Even if it was weird, Katsuki still went along with his little Game.

The red car pulled up in the driveway, indicating to Masaru and Mitsuki that their son had arrived. Both Katsuki and Kazuo were going to stay in Bakugou's childhood room, until the gym was going to get turned into a separate room for Kazuo. 

The two walked into the house, greeting the older couple with smiles.

"Hey kiddo! I'm glad you're coming here to stay with us!" Mitsuki cheered, picking up the five-year-old boy from the ground. Kazuo giggled as his grandmother kissed his cheek repeatedly. 

"I promise, I won't feed you anymore PBJ sandwiches, alright?" The blonde woman snickered, earning a loud scoff from the child. "Okay!" He giggled, as the woman set him down. 

"He grows up too fast. How're you holding up?" Masaru asked, looking at his son as Kazuo ran out the room. Katsuki sighed and nodded. "I'm doing okay. Kinda hurts though, leaving the apartment." He spoke. 

The brown haired man smiled softly, helping Katsuki bring the bags to his room. It had gotten cleaned, and there was larger bed, so that both Bakugou and Kazuo would be able to sleep in it. 

It was a major change, not having his own space anymore. But he had to do what he had to do to keep his shit together, right? He had to keep a brave face on, for his son. He had to.