Chapter 18

I suddenly, woke up, though I felt this strange urge to vomit on the first thing I could. I was in, well as I thought, a hospital wing. I still feel my head spinning around and my hands all weakened by that disgusting slob. I want to puke on Fred. I sat carefully on the mattress I was resting and stretched little by little, because even my body hurts. I was looking at everything that was surrounding me, and I was all alone. I don't like to be alone in a hospital wing. In fact, I hate doctors! When I was a kid, an eyelocker that was a doctor nearly killed me with a pointy thingy that I hated most. Well maybe I'm exaggerating. But then, a young woman entered the room, interrupting my thoughts.
"Thank God! You're awake, you've been there for three hours." The nurse said worried. Three hours! Now I know what happens if someone of us eats meat. Disastrous.
"What happened?" I asked worried about what Ann could think of this or even worried because she didn't knew, maybe, that I wasn't here.
"Well, I've never seen this before, but I believe you're intolerant to meat." She explained. Really. Well that's something I already knew.
"You're mother and brother are waiting for you." She said giving me some pills. That sounded weird. Mother and brother. Well definitely Ann was likely to be my mother, but Fred, my brother. Of anything he could be, he is not my brother, his like Hitler. Yes, yes, yes, I know Hitler, I happen to study humans up there.
"Thank you." I said standing up slowly. I walked very slowly because I still felt a little dizzy and I went out for the exit of the school. I spotted Ann's car quickly, which was parked in front. She looked a little worried. I understand her, my first day of school with her, she must be exploding from anxiety inside her. I went and opened the door of the car and sat in the back. Still hate this cars.
"Stefan, are you alright? Who did this to you?" Ann asked looking at me directly with a look of preoccupation, that extended through all her face. I kept silence for a moment and I, deliberately analyzed the question. Though, in the process of deliberation I saw Fred's face through the mirror of the car. He was very scared and worried. If I say the truth, he would be in the deepest of troubles and also will be angrier at me, which I don't really care. I wanted to tell so badly the truth to see Ann spanking Fred, not in the butt but with bare hands in the face. I even wanted to exaggerate the history, so he would get grounded for a long period of time. But, believe or not, anger and rancor did not had any kind of space in my heart, so I decided to lie, so Fred could keep his attitude undercover.
"I don't know... I don't even remember who did it. It just happened." I said looking at her absentmindedly. Am I a good actor or what? But when I said that, I could notice that Fred was looking at me very weirdly through the cars mirror, concerned of why I really lied to safe his skin.
"That's a shame Stefan. You need to fight back if this ever happens again." She said putting her eyes on the road. I nodded thinking in my head "Oh I will". On the way home, there was this awkward silence that I didn't tolerate. Fred was looking out the window and Ann was concentrating on the road. I remained absent and like always, I was lost in my thoughts. My thoughts bewildered me completely, as much as to enter a different world, somewhere where my life was safer. Was any place safer than this? Isn't human life a constant reminder that we're incapable of being perfect. Why does this kind of things happen. Isn't cruelty and malevolence the root of a miserable soul. I was gloomy, through the rest of the day, thinking of the many possibilities I could run away from this life.