Chapter 6

I climbed in and my father high-five me.
"That's my boy. Handsome, just like his father." Dad said quickly.
"Your ego dad. We've talked about this." I sneered. I always joked with my dad. He has a great sense of humor. That's one of the things that I love most of my father.
Dad laughed uncontrollably and fist-punched me on my shoulder.
"So. How it was?" Dad asked curiously.
"It was good. Good." I said suspiciously so he could notice I have sometime to tell.
"Huh. Tell me what's on your mind. That tone was weird." Dad said looking at me.
"I'll tell you. But eyes in the road." I sneered.
"I have some pretty great news. But don't freak out." I said warningly. I didn't want him to get all freaky because when he does, he's kind of a weirdo.
I told everything about the dance. Except the snogging of course, that wasn't for me to say. Well it was but I didn't wanted to tell him. Anyways, I told him also about the Soulmate thing.
Dad smiled.
"Well. Tell me something!" I said.
"You told me you didn't want me to get freaky." Dad said laughing.
"Yeah! But at least tell me something!" I said quickly.
"Melissa and you. Waoh! You make a great couple." Dad said portentously.
"I know right!" I said.
"Congratulations. That's my boy, you know, your mother agreed when I was eighteen. You were fast." Dad said very happy.
"That means I'm better" I said joking.
"Maybe. But it took me more time because your mother was playing hard to get." Dad said.
"Then we have to take that on consideration. But I think that I'm still better." I said.
Dad looked at me but stopped quickly. Eyes on the road!
"Well we're here. Relax, you're going to be fine." Dad said looking at me. He knew I was nervous.

When we entered the institute, everything was in blue and purple curtains, and the furniture turquoise and purple. It was very well established and everything looked cozy and welcoming. The workers were very well dressed and everything was in the right place.
"Welcome to the flying institute. What's your need?" The man said generously.
"We're here to register our son to the ancient documents so he can learn how to fly." Dad said.
"Oh, Alright, his name, his mom's and yours." The man said.
"My son is Stefan Vlophalk, His mother is Morilda Flubbish and I'm Fortiss Plinkiss." Dad said.
"Ok, Stefan, your teacher is back there, you see that door, go Inside and there he is." The man said.
"Thank you." Dad and I said.

I went directly to the door, opened it and there was a big white studio, very big, considering that the building was so small.
"Let's see, you must be Stefan Vlophalk. Good, my name is Jeremy Fourpit and I'm going to be you're flying teacher." Jeremy said seriously.
"Hi" I said shyly.
"If you already know, you can have wings or not, what would you prefer?" Jeremy said still serious.
"Er... Without wings" I said shyly.
"Ok, take this." Jeremy said giving me a purple belt.
"Put this on... Yes like that, ok, when you'd want to fly press the red button... Don't press it... Ok, if you want to stop the black one, the other three are for different types of speeds." Jeremy said now more relaxed and in a good mood.
"Press the button now." He said.
When I pressed it, I didn't start flying, didn't know why.
" I guess you're asking yourself why aren't you flying, Ja, knew it." He mumbled.
"Alright, make a little jump like... That, exactly." Jeremy said excited because I was learning fast.
"Like this?" I asked, but I wasn't flying, I was just levitating.
"Now imagine you're underwater, like when you're swimming, ah... Yes! Like that, whoa Stefan you learn fast." Jeremy said.
I couldn't believe it, I was flying, this is like the best thing in the world! I flied all the studio, from side to side.
"This is awesome!" I yelled.
"You learned fast, if you have problems or any questions Come here, you can feel free to do it." Jeremy said opening the door for me.
"Thank you Jeremy, I hope I can see you again" I said running to my parents.
"I did it Dad, I really did it." I said excited.
"I knew you could son, you're my son!" Dad said.
Then I flied back home and start sleeping because I was tired.