Chapter 11

Ann opened the door of her house, everything look cozy and welcoming. The Sofas were orange and blue and looked like nobody have ever sat on them. It looked like nobody was in the house either, it was deserted. There were roses beside the sofas and they were very beautiful and exhilarated the house. The TV was big and there were a lot of family pictures on shelves. Everything looked perfect.
"Fred must be in school, and I guess Emmanuel is working." Ann said gently.
"Thank you, for everything." I said. I was dazzled by all the shiny colors.
"Take this and take a nice bath upstairs, feel like home." She said, handing me some clean clothes and a towel.
I went up the stairs. The hall was full of pictures of the family, they looked like a happy one. This makes me miss more my family. I took a shower, the water was cold like ice but I didn't care, I wanted to take this bath for ages. Even though I didn't have a bath since like six days ago. I even felt I had dirt in every single place of my body. Literally. I came out of the bathroom shivering. I put on the clothes Ann gave me, and I admit, they were very comfortable. Ann was waiting for me downstairs with a plate of food. I didn't know what type of food that was, but I recognize meat everywhere.
"Ann, I don't want to be disrespectful or mean, but I don't eat meat." I said with a shy voice.
"You're a vegetarian, don't worry, I have some fruits and vegetables here." She said with a wide smile.
She went to the refrigerator and came with a bowl full of strawberries, bananas, blueberries and some raisins.
"Thank you for your hospitality Miss Ann." I said starting to eat, I was starving.
When I finished my meal I heard the front door opening.
"That must be Fred." Ann said.
"Mom! I'm starving! What are we having for dinner!?" Fred screamed from the living room.
"We're having Steak." Ann said.
"Thank Go.... Who's this!?" Fred said pointing at me.
"Fred! Where are your manners!" Ann said madly.
"Oh, Sorry I left them on my backpack." Fred said and I kind of noticed a little of sarcasm in there.
Ann looked at him. Like lions look at their preys before they eat it. Yeah, that bad.
"He is Stefan Vlophalk. He was lost in the streets and I decided to take him with me." Ann said in an explaining tone.
"So, you brought a completely stranger to our house. A homeless wanderer." Fred said scornfully.
"Fred don't say-
"Don't worry Ann, don't be harsh on him, he has the right to say anything. He doesn't even know me." I said, not daring to look at her eyes.
"I really can't care less. You're going to stay and that's my word. And Fred, you're going to share your room with Stefan. And no buts!" Ann said.
"But Mom! You don't even know him!" Fred yelled.
"I said, no buts Fred." Ann said threateningly.
I felt ashamed and weird in that moment. Fred had crossed his arms, looking at his mom very madly. Ann didn't notice because if she did, I guess Fred would be without a few teeth by now. Fred went up the stairs, angry.
"Don't worry at all. He's very nice if you get to know him better." Ann said. I think she was embarrassed.
Then, the front door opened and a man's voice spread through the house.
Hallo! Fellow readers give me your thoughts of what you think about the story line!! Thanks for reading!