𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌-𝑆𝐼𝑋

Ignore the mistakes

Warning - guns

————-
It's been hours since he made it to the weeping willow tree where his mothers grave sat. He's been sitting there silently, so empty.

He felt like his mother wasn't here instead, even though she loved these trees. The alpha felt like she was out in the garden in their childhood home.

But he still felt the need to go to her grave and read his mothers name over and over again, feeling the clean breeze across his tatted skin.

"Jeon Hyrin." He read again, eyes teary from the chilly air and from being so emotional. He misses his mother.

Jeongguk sighs then gets up from the ground, glancing at the grave and the tree again and turns around to go to his car.

Now he's on his way to his childhood home. He's feeling nervous and uneasy but he pushes that aside, only thinking of his mother.

✴️

The outside of this place wasn't kept up at all. The grass was tall, reaching his hips, vines growing all over the exterior and the willow trees in the backyard very overgrown. He definitely already knows that his mothers garden was pretty much overgrown with a bunch of dead leaves and follows on pathways.

But he knew his mothers presence was still back there, enjoying the scenery.

Jeongguk unlocks the door with a key he has, going inside to see the place tidied up. He couldn't help but feel like something was missing though, or that uneasy feeling growing even bigger.

Jeongguk furrowed his eyebrows and inspects the whole house. Upstairs and downstairs, grimacing every time his mind goes back to those dark times once he opens those doors to every room.

There was nothing he could find. So he shook that feeling off and goes out in the garden. Just like he thought, overgrown willow trees, grass, and dead leaves and flowers covering the pathway.

He felt that breeze, this time, being at peace once he felt his mothers presence. He doesn't know how he could feel her, but her spirit is just there, there to keep him calm and be there for him.

He sits on a rusty bench next to a mossy torn bird bath and closes his eyes, listening to the wind.

He was like this for a good thirty minutes until sounds of footsteps didn't go unnoticed. Jeongguk quickly opens his eyes and jumps up from the bench, red eyes so shocked and wide, once he sees his sister, standing there with a gun loaded into her hand shaking.

"I don't think you know the many lengths I had to go through just to get to the moment." She says, voice shaky and low.

"I want you gone. I hate you." Seulgi spats. It hurts hearing her say this, especially when he has no idea why Seulgi suddenly changed on him.

He has no idea why.

"Why? Why do you hate me so much?" He asked with no hesitation. He couldn't count how many times he's had a gun pointed at him, he wasn't afraid at all.

But he sure was heartbroken by the sight of his sister holding a gun up to him.

Seulgi starts talking again with a very shaky voice, throat getting dry, "Why would you take our father's footsteps after all the shit he's put us through?!" She yells.

Jeongguk couldn't believe he was hearing this. He thought that Seulgi would understand, he thought that she would know that Jeongguk would do anything to protect her and fix shit.

"Yes I took his spot. But that doesn't mean that I'm following his footsteps. I never wanted this to begin with. Seulgi...please put the gun down." Jeongguk pleaded with a deep frown.

Seulgi shook her head, "If you never wanted this, why did you do it?"

"Because I didn't have a choice, Seul!" Jeongguk shouted. He never actually shouted at anyone, never shouted at Seulgi. And that had Seulgi wavering, but her gun was still up.

"We were already put into this life. I had no choice. But my main goal was to make things right and protect you." Jeongguk said.

Seulgi scoffs, "You sound so stupid saying that you're trying to make things right in the mafia industry. It doesn't work like that."

"And I very much know that now." Jeongguk's own voice start to shake, but he stares right into Seulgi's golden eyes so she could make sure he was sincere.

Seulgi doesn't say anything but puts her finger on the trigger. Jeongguk inhales and exhales and says what Seulgi didn't think Jeongguk would say.

"Shoot me. You want me gone. Shoot me." Jeongguk said, loud and clear.

But after he said that, more footsteps were heard, and a familiar soft deep voice that kept on repeating "no Jeongguk" over and over again.

Taehyung runs up to Jeongguk saying the same thing, tears bursting from his eyes. He was so confused on why Taehyung was here, on how he even knew this place.

He wasn't mad though. Taehyung's touch made him feel at ease. So he caressed Taehyung back and pecks the top of his head.

The alpha looks up and sees Hoseok and Yoongi holding their guns up to Seulgi, Jimin standing beside Hoseok.

"Put the guns down. Please." He hated the fact that guns were on his sister. Hoseok and Yoongi did as told. But Seulgi didn't back down at all, but you could tell her eyes were softening at the sight of Taehyung and Jeongguk hugging.

"S-Seulgi-" Taehyung spoke, "please put the gun down."

Seulgi bites her lip, "No. Alstroemeria needs to go. It shouldn't be here. That's all I want, for this mafia to be wiped out."

"But it shouldn't go this way, Seul. Please put the gun down." Jeongguk whispers.

"Please Seulgi. All I wanted was to protect you. That's all I wanted." Jeongguk breathes out, eyes still looking into Seulgi's.

His sister looks down, gun slowly lowering, then falls completely on the ground, body shaking from the sobs that were spilling from her mouth.

She barely couldn't make out any words. But Jeongguk did understand ten words.

"I'm so sorry. I can't do it. I'm sorry Jeonggukie."

✴️