They looked popular too, so I face the window and follow Athena's direct orders, to stay away from the popular kids at all costs. Folding my arms, I wanted to cross one leg over the other, but the space was so tight I couldn't do a thing. The contraption was making me inwardly sulk, "Did you hear about one of the seniors?" I overhear guy with tattoos say, pulling his cap off and shoving it in his side-bag. He pulls out a beige long coat and slides that on, I'm seeing this using my peripherals.

"That cult the warriors thought they got rid of?" The strawberry blonde next to me asks.

I almost cringe, seriously—a killing cult?

"They did get rid of it, that's just some stupid story." Long grey coat mutters.

Nerd boy behind them leans forward, "Apparently they've changed rules and regulations. We have strict curfews now and they brought in reinforcements from the capital because they don't want the bad rep here." He explains, pushing the glasses on his nose back up closer to his eyes, I could see that getting about as annoying as repetitive spam text messages.

This felt like shoddy detective work, not a warrior that uses swords and daggers like it's not the twenty-first century.

"Reinforcements from the Collectives? That's a bit overboard, isn't it?" Strawberry blonde mutters, opening her phone just to see. I look back to through the glass window and still when I see now that it's not glass. A rock from the road outside bounced against it, the glass caught it and disintegrated it like a mind of its own, moulding the texture into it. I almost flinch in shock at the magic a bus alone could have.

Who were the Collectives? Another word for crown of kingdoms? What about the capital? I didn't know, but I still listened in closely.

I glance back down to the back, Clarissa was about to be my roommate, her hair as dark as night and eyes even darker. She was pale, skinny and looked more like a corpse if anything, but she was quiet, alone and had a past perhaps more damaging than most and all too similar to my own. I read up on her when Athena told me she had made a few calls, to get me into the school without even the principal detecting the lies it would take to cover me here. She was an earth manipulator, understand soil, plants and things that I thought were impossible, but she could read plants as if they had a mind of their own. At least she wasn't associated with water...and ice.

Celeste Caesar sounded like a type of salad dressing. The ID in my pocket was of an average girl, with average grades in her file, but good enough to pass and get into a school like this one. Nocturne castles, and I do mean several castles here, rolled past past the green, red, orange and yellow trees. The colours blended in while both light and dark bricks filtered the front of the school with the Nocturne Crest, a black and purple colour with all elements on the crest and twin swords diving through it. The letter 'N' crested on it, intricate and powerful and one of a kind.

People started piling out of the fifteen odd buses, with more to come. I thought the place would have very few of students, but again, those seated next to me said the Collective changed the rules. The population of the school was almost over ten thousand students, because some even transferred from other schools just to make it here. The place was big enough for it too.

I stepped out, grabbing the black duffel bag and my other one with wheels to stray it along, I follow mindlessly, looking up at the number of seniors standing atop the rooftops and balconies of the school. And that's when I saw the one man Athena had warned me about. His immortal, pale face wasn't illuminated by any sun in the sky, the place looked like it would rain any minute, and for a vampire, they adored the weather more so than anybody. Rowan Argon, the professor for one of the highest combat teams, his associates weren't next to him now. But they were around. Even the students felt tense by the air. His hair was dark-stranded, eyes a black coal so dark and deep that made me look away when his eyes ventured over all students.