6) The Midnight Adventure.

Start from the beginning

"I'd take you on on my own, any time." snapped Malfoy. "Tonight if you want. Wizards' duel, wands only."

Harry looked uncertain, probably because he had no clue what a wizards' duel was.

"What's the matter? Don't know what a Wizards' duel is? Malfoy continued.

"Of course he does, Y/N will be his second." said Ron.

I almost spat my drink out hearing this, not at the prospect of dueling Malfoy because I knew I could beat him but because I didn't think Ron would put me forward without asking me.

"No I won't." I said slightly angry.

Hermione looked pleased and that was one reason for saying no. A second reason was because knowing Malfoy he wouldn't show and we'd be going for no reason.

"Fine, I'll be his second then." Ron said with some shock in his voice.

"What's wrong L/N scared, are you?"

"Yeah, of course." I responded sarcastically whilst rolling my eyes.

Malfoy's stupid grin grew.

"Midnight then in the trophy room, Crabbe will be my second."

With that Malfoy spun on his heel and left with his two goons behind him.

"Why wouldn't you be Harry's second in the duel?" Ron questioned

"I'm not risking getting into more trouble and anyway it's Malfoy, you wouldn't need me there to beat him. He's got nothing to back up all his talk."

"You two knowing is great and all but what actually is a wizard's duel? What do you mean you'll be my second?" Harry asked

"A second is there to take your place if you die." Ron said casually.

"But that isn't going to happen, is it Ron? If Malfoy does show then all you'll be able to do is throw sparks. Nothing serious could ever happen with just you two." I reassured Harry after seeing the panicked expression on his face.

"Excuse me" Hermione interjected "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation.

"Bet you could." Ron muttered

"I must say it seems like Y/N is the only one of you with any sense. Think of the points you'll lose if you get caught, and you're bound to. Anyway Y/N is right about Malfoy, he's not likely to show is he." She continued

"I'm not sure it's any of your business." Harry snapped.

"Oi, that's not necessary." I said angrily "She's just trying to keep you out of trouble, like I was."

"Yeah but you were actually involved in the conversation, she wasn't." Ron groaned.

"She's my best friend she's allowed to have a part in any conversation I have a part in... Within reason."

After the small argument we continued our conversations separately and lunch passed without any more incidents.

As we left the Great Hall Harry's nerves about Quidditch were returning.

"What if I make a fool out of myself?" He asked

"Harry you were brilliant, there's no need to worry. You heard what McGonagall said about Charlie Weasley. Well he's the best Quidditch player I've ever seen. You are a natural." I said trying to comfort him

"But that was just flying, I don't even know any rules."

'They'll teach you the rules at training, your flying is already amazing. "