Getting to know you

y/n pov

I looked a long time in the closet before deciding what to wear. We both had a shower after the afternoon activities, which continued in the shower. Wanda went to Nat to have her help her, and to not raise any more suspicion on us. I decided to take on the red dress that i had originally planned to have on Laurel's wedding before she asked me to become a bridesmaid and had to wear that awful pink dress. Maybe Amelia was too scared of me taking away the spotlight from them. She never liked that me and Laurel stayed friends so i can't really blame.

I quickly dry my hair and flatten before taking a pair of red stilettos in my hand out the door

I quickly dry my hair and flatten before taking a pair of red stilettos in my hand out the door. I slow down my pace as I come down to the hall where Nat is waiting for us but Wanda's not there yet. Tony, Steve and Clint are there too, but none of them are coming with, just staying far away but close to break in.

"You know for a speedster you're till very slow" Nat says and the rest let out a laugh.

"And for an assassin you're very sloppy" i joke back to how messy her room actually is and her smile drops.

"But i'm not the last to arrive" i say with a higher voice as i hear Wanda come out of the elevator. I turn around to see her in a burgundy red suit, we're both wearing red, matching. Nat must have asked Friday what i had chosen. But somehow it looks so good on her, so hot it makes me all hot and bothered again. Everyone will at least believe she's my date. Even though it's not a real date, we may as well pretend it is until we have to work. I have to remind myself as i'm looking at her with nothing but love in my eyes that this is a mission. No matter how much i want to rip her clothes off, i have to focus. I smile as i realise i'm not the only one hot and bothered as she comes up to us. Hopefully no one else noticed it.

She looks hotter than ever before, if that's even possible

She looks hotter than ever before, if that's even possible. Red is really her color.

Wanda pov

That dress of yours, it's marvelous but really all i wanna do is rip it off. As i meet your eyes i see we have the same thought but i keep reminding myself that this is a mission. Nat must have checked in on you, no way we're both wearing red as a coincidence.

"Ready to go?" Steve asks and we both are brought back down to the hall. You hum 'yes' for an answer. We get out and into the limo we're going in, i've actually never ridden a limo before but my guess is that you're raised in one. It's just me and you, the others are for backup if things go wrong.

"Here, put this on" you say, handing me my comm and a ring with my birthstone as a rock. October has two official birthstones, opal and tourmaline and there's a mix of them in there. Silver with more glittering smaller stones on the sides. Like you need to explain yourself, you continue. "It's a tracker inside, put it on your left"

"I'm more surprised you know my birthstone" i say, putting it on my left ring finger. i have a feeling that putting a tracker in it is just an excuse to give me jewelry but i don't care. You know i don't like you buying things for me but i can't care about that anymore. Maybe i used it just as an excuse to actually wear your clothes.

"How is that surprising?" i shrug my shoulders and you hand me over a glass of water that i didn't even notice you poured up. "I'm kinda big on birthstones and zodiac so it's actually not that surprising"

"Right, why doesn't that surprise me" i say with a sarcastic tone and you let a smirk out on your lips. Somewhere during this conversation i realise that i don't actually know you, except your body.

"What's on your mind?" you ask as i realise i've been quiet and staring down my water for almost ten minutes.

"I don't know you" i mumble out without looking up. Maybe you don't want that kind of relationship, but i do.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know you. I don't even know the basic things like your favorite color, food or what sports you played in school. I don't know you and you seem to know all about me"

"You just made me sound creepy" you say with a laugh but when i don't you continue. "Okay, my favorite color is y/f/c, food is y/f/f and i was played lacrosse in high school and made team captain. In college i played soccer the first year but then i keepet to the gym and was a nerd. And for the record, i don't know everything about you so your turn"

"Favorite color is probably blue, my favorite sport is lacrosse. Food, probably anything homecooked" i gesture for you to continue telling things.

"I went to medical school but quit my second year of surgical residency. I was a police officer before i became an avenger. I was also an actress all of my twenties"

"Now you're just rabbaling up your cv and flexing" i say with a laugh and you laugh with me.

"True, but it doesn't change that i'm still a surgical and law adviser and a chemist. That's how i had my accident" you say with that red smile of yours again. "And i can cheat a lie detector test so my S.H.I.E.L.D file says 'not to be trusted' in red inc"

"Really?"

"Really" we both let out another laugh.