Going home

y/n pov

"Do you have to leave already? This is only your second day" Thor says and i know. The thought was for us to be here for three days, but the air affects her the wrong way and too much

"It was a mistake to take her with me, the air affects her faster than me and I'm a speedster" i say with a sad smile which he returns. "Besides, i need to be home for my birthday. I promised Tony"

"I know you only came here to distract both you and her but you're both more than welcomed to come back anytime" he says as i give him a hug.

"Well i will, i have to look in on Loki"

"Why do you keep visiting him?"

"Why don't you listen to your council to exile or execute him?" he gives a defeated face before giving me a smile.

"Well then, i'll see you soon lady Stark" he says with a silly bow.

"That we will my king" i say with the same silly bow before heading out towards Wanda who's waiting by the entrance to the city. It really was a mistake to bring her here but i can't help but wonder what would have happened if i didn't, if i had left her for a few months just like that. But i needed to get away and needed another excuse. If they know and then search but don't find me they'll give up their search again. I honestly don't know how this is going to end up, but i hope everyone gets to stay in the world of the living. I've been to the dead's side, it's not as fun as you'd think. No dinosaurs or lava slides with scalpels to cut you up. Just boring burning hell, well that is if you go to hell or heaven. Guess i'll never know, will i?

I get to her with her bag by the entrance, i might have stopped on the way to grab some asgardian ale. But as i see her again i can't stop thinking about last night, how vulnerable she let herself be with me. Strangers that meet in the night, like she said.

"Ready to go?" i ask as she notices me.

"First i need to say sorry for what i said earlier. Like you said, it makes me talk before i think" she says and i don't get what she's apologizing for, i wanted to stay the first time too.

"It's okay, i'm sorry too. I should have known better, i was the same before i learned what was real and what was not"

"So tell me. What was real" i see something in her eyes i can't read. I don't know if she's thinking out loud or actually wanting to know.

"If your talking about last night, i don't know. But i'm not putting any pressure on you" she looks insecure so i just shake it off and give her my hand. "Come on, let's go home"

"Right, home" she says almost like she had forgotten about home. But i guess it never was a home for her, not the tower at least. Maybe i can make the compound her home.

"We gotta check out the new place, it'll be fun" i say and she takes my hand. I just hope that she'll hang on to the good she got here when we get back. I hope i can do that too. And of course that i can walk safely down the street, not being afraid.

"And plan your birthday" she says with a smile as we begin to walk down the rainbow bridge.

"Right, i'm getting old" i joke and she laughs. I'm going to miss this carefree Wanda, i'm going to miss the carefree me too.

"Not that old, Clint Tony and Steve are older than you"

"True but both you and Nat are younger than me, so i'm the oldest woman"

"That just means you have more knowledge about life than us, that means you can teach us" she says with a little more added to the 'teach' than words say.

"Nat's only one year younger, so i'll be stuck with teaching you" i see her smile behind her locks as our hands are intertwined. "In this pace we'll be home by Christmas"

"And how do you expect us to get there faster?" without hesitation i throw her on my back and we're off, already at the bifrost. When i drop her, she says "Well that's one way"

"Going home already" Heimdal says and it sounds like a question but since he can see that kind of stuff i know it's not.

"Promised to be home by my birthday, but you already knew that" i say and he smiles as he opens the portal.

"Until the next time" he says before the waves of colors and light takes us away. Wanda clutches on to me at the last second. She hides her head in the crock of my neck again, feeling her hot breath on my skin. I feel the air switch to normal, since she's breathing in my neck i don't think she can feel how different it is.

We land on the same field as we left. The only difference is that the flowers start to close again as they were on their way to open when we left.

"I just thought of something, have you even been at the site when they were building it?" Wanda asks and i never thought of that.

"No, i've been with you the whole time. But how hard can it be to find, probably has the big A on its wall outside" she looks at me, knowing i have no idea actually where we're going. "I'll call Tony"