Something is up

Wanda pov

We got separated the second we got to the new compound. Clint led me to my new room where all my boxes are, still haven't seen you. It's been a few hours since we got home now. You got whisked away by people the moment we got in the door to prepare your birthday. The feeling i had in Asgard is still there, it's not gone. But the feelings i left, there's just the fear that what happened between us wasn't real. I can't trust what i remember of being there. If I don't know if you remember it too, then i'll know it was real.

But here i am, sitting on my bed, in a towel and wondering what your doing before there's a knock on the door.

"It's Nat" she says through the door.

"Come in" i answer, getting up to one of the boxes that aren't labeled. She opens the door and comes in to sit on the bed.

"So... how was Asgard?"

"It was beautiful, there was also a bal and you should have seen the clothes y/n had fixed to me" i answer a little more accelerated theni thought i'd sound. I guess i still have the asgardian air in my lungs.

"I'm glad you had fun" Nat says as I continue to look around for a pair of clothes. "What are you looking for?"

"Clothes, i think they took everything back to her room" i say and remember all the clothes are originally yours. Before Nat can say anything else there's another knock on the door. I know who it is before she can open it. And seeing you at the door only makes me smile even more than i already was as the thought of you.

"I just started to unpack and noticed all the clothes where back in my room so i thought i'd come with new ones" you say, handing a pair of grey leggings and a long sleeved black shirt.

"Thanks, but soon i will have my own wardrobe" i say and you give me a sweet smile. The thought of your lips on mine again flashes before me but i awaken myself to reality as Nat joins the conversation.

"Did i miss something?"

"I just got her to see the bright side of life, and found her something to live for obviously" you say, smiling a different smile at her.

"Right, well now that you're free. Tony wants to talk to you" Nat says and i start to lose myself in your eyes again. I can't help it. It's like this thing between us only got stronger after we slept together.

"Right, i'll be back later then" you say with a disappointed look, as you had hoped to stay a little bit longer, so had i. Just as Nat closes the door after you, I walk into the bathroom to change. I don't close the door entirely so i hear Nat stand just outside with questions.

"Now i really want to know what happened between the two of you to make you look at each other like that. I mean you've always looked at each other like that but it was different" she babbles as i put the clothes on. "And what did you mean by your own wardrobe soon?"

"Don't you remember, she let me borrow her clothes until i was ready to go out in the world and get my own. She wants to spoil me, i kinda hate it since i can't give anything back" i walk out into the bedroom again to see Nat's smirk.

"Oh i sense your already doing that"

"Doing what?" this time i don't think i can play dumb, becasue Nat is Nat and there is no keeping secrets from her really.

"Oh come on, something happened in Asgard and i'm going to find out what" she finally says before walking over to the door and saying. "Dinner in five"

y/n pov

"Tones?" i ask as i knock on the door to his office. It's ajar so i decide to open it to reveal an empty room. I decide to wait for him there instead in the chair so i sit down and watch the door. I barely have time to think before he comes through the door.

"Great, there you are" he says as he sees me sitting in his chair.

"Sorry, people had questions about my birthday tomorrow" i answer, he doesn't make me move but just sits down on the other side of the desk in the guest chair. "What's up?"

"Well there's nothing new about that letter or the people in Portland so i guess the plan worked. I'm just happy your back"

"That's all? Then why are you so different? You let me sit in your chair, you didn't smile when you saw me, i can list more if..." he cuts me off.

"You're right, it's not all. But it's nothing more that concerns you, now go before you miss dinner"

"I'm not hungry so i'll see you tomorrow then" i say, walking out of the room. It's not like him to keep anything from me. We came to understand that secrets in the family are dangerous, that's why there are none. He stays in the office for a bit before closing the door, i don't know if he went out or stayed in but i don't care. Someone will probably come to my room when i don't show up at dinner. Wanda, Nat or maybe Pepper, which reminds me that i haven't seen her today. Maybe that's why he's on the edge, where even is she.

"Friday, where is Pepper?" i ask as i enter my room, or rather chambers as i can call it. It's no question i have the biggest room after my brother. It's three rooms, bedroom that has a huge bed, bathroom for three people at a minimum and a living room with a TV and couch. There's also a tv in the bedroom, like how many people does he think is going to live in this apartment. The only thing missing from making it to an apartment is the kitchen. O right and the balcony over the training grounds.

"She is in Dc and will arrive in the morning, Miss Stark" she answers as i fall down on top of the bed. How am i supposed to sleep alone in a bed this big, it's almost like the one in Asgard and there i didn't sleep alone. "And i wish to inform you that Miss Maximoff is on her way to your room"

"Thank's Friday"