Morning

Tony pov

"Goodmorning y/n" i say as i hear you try to sneak by the opening to the dining room.

"Morning brother, Pepper and" you laugh as you see Nat rubbing her temples. "Nat"

You change your course to come in and sit down at the table with the rest of us.

"Did you wear that yesterday?" Pepper asks, pointing to a red dress under the pink flannel shirt i don't remember you owning. Both you and Nat nod.

"And why was Derek here without you?" i ask, wanting to get to the point i want to know.

"Because i didn't need him to follow me then. Plus he drove Clint and Nat home instead."

"And where were you this morning? It's ten AM"

"Oh please, i was out, do you really need to know the specifics" you say with a smirk and we all know what specifics are. Wanda walks in behind you but you don't notice her. Then you change the smirk to a more angry look as you get up your chair"What i do in my time, is none of your business"

As you turn to walk away you bump into her. It's like a silent second that must feel like hours to the two of you, where you just stare at each other. But i'm not imagining what i see between you two this time.

"Did you take another shirt out of my wardrobe?" you ask even though you know it's your shirt. The one Emilia gifted you before she died, you never let anyone else wear it. But i don't see anger on you, i don't see any feelings on you as she nods. You just shrug your shoulders and walk away.

"Did she just get home?" Wanda asks and some nod. "What's with her?"

But instead of answering i just get up and start to follow you to your room.

Y/n pov

A knock at my bedroom door makes me jump.

"Just a sec" i say, dragging a shite t-shirt over my head on my way to the door, trying not to fall over the boxes everywhere. And not to my suprise, there's my brother. "What? I need to change"

"Have you finished packing yet? We leave in five days" he asks, looking at the open boxes.

"Soon" i answer, also looking back at the boxes before looking back at him. "Now what do you want?"

"I want you to start listening to me, you can't just wander off like that and not call"

"Wanda knew where i was" i say and he seems generally surprised.

"She did?"

"Yeah, she called to ask me where i was and if i was safe and i answered"

"I still need you to start listening"

"No, I am a grown woman Tony. And this is the price for benching me to babysit" i know i don't mind but still. I don't like being forced to sit back instead of helping people. I didn't change from being a police officer to a babysitter, i choose Avenger.

"I thought you liked her?" he says and i stumble back against one of the boxes at his words.

"What? What makes you think i like her?"

"The way you act with each other, her wearing your clothes" he lists up.

"Well your wrong"

"Am i?"

"Yes you are, now leave so that i can get changed" i say, pushing him out my doorstep.

"Come on, everyone can see it, why can't you?" i slam the door in his face, leaning against it. 'What the hell? How could someone wonderful like that like someone like me?' i think to myself before returning to putting on my new workout clothes i bought almost a month ago but never used. It matches me perfectly, now i just need my water bottle.... Fuck. It's in the kitchen, where everyone else is. Whatever, i can just go in there without anyone noticing me, right?

And that's what i do, but it doesn't go as planned when i run into Wanda again on the way out.

"Sorry" i say, making everyone else notice i'm in the room and didn't run all the way out.

"How can you run so fast after last night?" Clint asks, now that's he's also joined the table.

"Speedster metabolism, remember" I comment without taking my eyes off Wanda's face. I try not to read her but it just makes me think about what Tony had said just fifteen minutes earlier.

"Hard to miss" Clint says with a laugh, getting a smile off my lips too. She looks down at my smile but quickly looks up again, into my eyes. Her bright deep blur eyes, staring into my soul. Making me question if she's reading my mind.

"Need a sparring partner?" Nat asks, bringing me back to the reality of the kitchen, turning to meet the others' gaze. And my brother who just has a smile on, that i just choose to ignore.

"No thanks, you should take some aspirin for the headache, it helps" i say before running away again with one last glance into her eyes. 'What the hell was that?' did i just imagine that look she did? Or did she really look at the smile on my lips.

I get down to the shooting range. I place down my bottle beside the range as i pick up the bow and quiver beside me. As i stretch the bow, i take a deep breath and feel how the most is leaving me and into the bow. The anger, irritation and sadness but also every other feeling known to mankind. I let out that deep breath and let the arrow fly across the room, hitting the targets right shoulder. Best way to always hit your target is to let go of everything in your head except for the target, my head isn't clear. I've been so close to her two time already, today. The second time i had almost been so close our lips could have touched. But instead i could just feel her breath on my cheek.