Roommates

y/n pov

"Miss Maximoff is at the door" Friday says as i'm still laying in bed. I've never been this tired before.

"Let her in" i answer in a yawn and hear the door unlock and open. God I love these new doors.

"Y/n?" Wanda calls out as she looks around the living room before making her way to the bedroom to see me on the bed. "When you didn't show up at dinner i got worried, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, just not that hungry" i can't stop admiring how cute she is. I guess Tony told them I wasn't coming down for dinner when he got there.

"You sure? I mean you could just be wanting to spend time in your new room, which is more like an apartment without a kitchen" she says with a laugh, crawling up in the bed next to me at the top.

"You wanna share it?" i can feel how she freezes at my words and i realise what i said and try to play it off. "I mean, i have space over and your room is pretty small"

"Won't people think something is going on between us if we live together?" she says and i turn to her as we're both lying down.

"Isn't there?" i say and she smiles, god i love that smile.

"I mean... you know what i mean"

"I know, no pressure. But we could still be roommates if you wanted, we could have rules like no touching" i say as I trace my hand up her side. "Or kissing"

"Your mood swings are really giving me a headache" she says with a laugh as we move closer to each other.

"Oh we're not even close to mood swings anymore" she smashes her lips into mine and surprises me as her tongue slips into my mouth. She flips me over so i'm on my back with her over me. I quickly take control again and flip us over again without our lips breaking contact. Her hands pulling me down by my hair, my hands keeping her pressed down.

"Now who's pressuring?" i say with a smirk as we break the contact of our lips for air.

"Shut up" she says with a laugh before i hear her stomach calling it's hungry. Her smile turns innocent as i kiss her nose to make her do that little nose scrunch. I take her up with me so i'm sitting in her lap with my legs on both her sides. My hands go to her checks as i look into her eyes. Her hands on my waist makes butterflies fly free.

"Come on, let's go eat before it goes cold" i say, jumping out of bed with her hand in mine.

"You mean you're gonna watch me eat again?" she says with a fake frown to how all of this started. Being in Asgard really changed us both.

"No, i'm also eating" i say, kissing her cheek before starting to drag her with me to the door. She then decided to walk beside me instead. As we get closer to the dining room we hear voices of the others and she stops in the middle of a step. I see the hesitation in her eyes.

"It's okay luv, no pressure" i say, letting go of her hand as i walk into the room where everyone's eyes go to me, then Wanda who enters after me.

"What happened to your hair?" Steve asks me as i sit down between Clint and him, with Wanda sitting on the opposite side of me.

"Oh, i had to take a small nap in my new, very big, bed" i answer with a smile but i feel Nat's gaze through the lie. It's really impossible to keep a secret from her. But i'm never breaking another promise.

"Yeah, i saw it. It's more like a two people place" Nat says with a smirk and Wanda strikes back this time.

"That's because i'm living there soon too, since we technically share a wardrobe, y/n thought it'd be smart. And then she can also keep track of me like you all want her to, right" well there is the answer to that question at least, guess the rules will have to be enforced. That will be hell.

"Your not wrong" Steve says and lets out a small smile as he continues to eat.

"Okay, changing the subject. Your birthday tomorrow, wishing for anything special" Clint says, feeling the tension of that subject.

"I'm getting old, why celebrate that?"

"Hey, your only one year older than me" Nat says, throwing a breadstick at me that i avoid quickly.

"Exactly old" i sign as i was actually joking, she must have gotten that. "I learned a long time ago that to stop wishing and to start doing so no, i don't wish for anything when i already have what i want"

Rest of dinner is quiet with just a few looks thrown between me and Wanda. Tony had been quiet all through while Steve had tried to keep a conversation going but failed. In the silence I remember what Loki told me i had to do, something i'm not so glad to do with my irrational fear of water. But since water is connected to that memory he said it would be the best way.

"I'm really tired so i'll be going to bed and i'll see you all tomorrow instead" i say, getting up.

"Sure, goodnight" first thing Tony have said to me all evening since his office. I can still tell something is wrong. Maybe it's just that he's worried about Pepper not being here. Or something happened with the people from Portland that he won't tell me.

"Godnight" the rest says as i start to walk out. Wanda doesn't follow me this time. Maybe because she feels that i really need the sleep, even though i'm technically not going to sleep. not yet anyway.