"You look like you've seen a ghost"

Nat pov

"So, in love with the new girl are we?" i say as soon as i enter your room. Boxes are everywhere, but so are they in my room.

"Eavesdropping on me Romanoff?" you ask but not with the same sarcastic tone you usually use. Means somethings off again, it's this thing that's not usual but happens sometimes when you just switch. Like everything, personality, body language, it's actually kinda scary. Now that i think about it, you've been like this since we retrieved Loki's spear the first time, before Ultron.

"Maybe" i say with a laugh, trying to play it off. "Part of my charm"

"Noted and no i'm not" you take a towel from the office chair by your desk before heading into your bathroom. But i can't get it out my head, how you've changed since then, much faster then

"You sure about that? Because the way she looked at your lips this morning says otherwise" you swing the door back open and meet my amused gaze, your back and i got under your skin.

"I didn't imagine that?" i smile and you just roll your eyes at the fact that i successfully got you to admit you feel something for her.

"I sure did, now get in the shower so that you can ask Wanda what she wanted to ask you last night or this morning, whatever" you do as i say but the things i heard at the shooting range is taking over the other thing in my head.

"First, can i ask you a question?" i ask as you walk back into the bathroom.

"Ask while i shower" you say, getting into the shower. If only the guys walked in on me sitting on the toilet and you in the shower they would roll their eyes back into their brains and mumble 'women'.

"It's about what you said to Pepper, about you being the problem and not wanting someone burdened with your luggage"

"Yeah i said that and i meant it. But maybe i'll try" i can hear you don't mean it but i still play along. To try and get you back to normal.

"Good, because as Clint said. I can littlery cut the sexuall tension with a knife" you splash some water over the drape and i laugh.

"You know there are more reasons to why i'm not going to do it"

"Yeah like what?" i ask though i know your talking about the normal shit, normal people have to think about.

"Like if she doesn't like girls"

"Your still gonna talk to her, right?"

"To ask what she wanted to ask yesterday, now can you give me my towel" i reach for it but as i do i see something lying on the floor. Looks almost like a knife. I'm not sure but there is something on it, that does not belong there. Are you doing it again? I wouldn't know, your fast healing gives you no scars, only red marks for a few hours. Depending on how deep.

"You okay? look like you've seen a ghost" you say, putting a hand on my shoulder and bring me back to reality, even though i already was in reality.

"Yeah, what's this?" i ask, taking it up to show you what i'm talking about. As soon as you see it you take it out of my hand.

"None of your concern" you say, leaving the bathroom and taking it with you. When i get out you've probably hidden it with your speed.

"Are you doing it again?" i have to ask.

"No of course not Nat, i haven't in a long time" i can tell when your lying but your actually not, your telling the truth.

"Then whose blood was on the knife"

"No one's, you must have seen wrong"

"Y/n, i know blood when i see it. If it's not yours then who is it?" I have my guesses but before i know the lightning you leave after yourself fills the room.

y/n pov

"You okay? You look like you've seen a ghost" i say, putting a hand on her shoulder and brings her out of her own trail of thoughts.

"Yeah, just thought i saw something" Nat looks down on the floor where the knife was but no longer is. I squeeze it in my hand so that it stings at what i just did. I promised i'd never do it again, but it was only a few seconds, shouldn't matter. I changed the timeline again, i don't know the consequences i'll have. Last time i did, Loki managed to escape.

"Let's get you ready to talk to Wanda" she says happily instead, dragging me over to the desk where she sits me down to begin with my hair.

"I'm just gonna ask her what she wanted to ask me, i'm not gonna ask her to marry me"

"Not yet anyway" she says with a laugh as she starts to brush my hair. I roll my eyes at her but can sense there's something on her mind still. My mind goes to that white room it spends so much time in as Nat continues to get me ready. It's something i always did after my birth-parents died, a room that keeps everything out.

"Done" she says, dragging me up on my feet again. Gazing over her masterpiece, she had some retouching makeup and a few small braids with pearls in them. Under that time she had managed to make me put on some clothes, a pair of blue jeans and a black t-shirt. More Nat's style but it suits.