Cupids bridge

y/n pov

We hit the water so hard that my head hit the door, water flushing in the broken front window. The man in the front seat turned over to the woman to see blood floating around her. So he turns back to me and i meet his y/e/c eyes that feel so warm to look into. Panic strikes me as water wants to get into my lungs, i manage to climb over to see the woman with a large shard of glass lunged into her chest. He gestures for me to climb back into my seat, and tries to open the door.

A knock on the other side of the glass makes me jump and blow the rest of the air in my lungs. The pressure on my lungs continues to increase and i'm not sure i can take it anymore. The car door on my side opens and a small figure with long darker hair takes their arms around me. I can't really tell the color under water but i feel as they grab me it's a woman. But the thing that catches my flimmering vision is her y/e/c eyes that look terrified. She pulls me out of the seat and my vision flimmers more as the air in my lungs are out. As we hit the surface we're on the side in mud with tree's over us. The light blue sky is the first thing to grab my attention, morning.

Someone mumbles something over me that i can't focus on. But i see the figure of a man this time, is this still my memory or something else? A woman dragged me out of the car and then went back down to save that man. It was my parents.

"I saw them..." i manage to get out of my raspy throat.

"Who? Who did you see y/n?" the man asks in panic as i feel his strong arms start carrying me.

"My parents" i answer and see confusion in the man's face. "It wasn't an accident... they were murdered"

"Look y/n, you've taken in a lot of water and don't know what you're talking about. Ariel get me a complete scan of her please and hurry" he says and i recognise the name he says. What i had done is starting to come back to me, i was in a memory, it wasn't real. Not in real time anyways.

"Ariel don't" i say and push a button on my watch to shut off her system.

"Y/n you can't be serious, you need to let her check you"

"No i don't, i'm fine, it was just... the spell, it worked" i say with a smile and look up at the man as my vision starts to clear up. It's Tony, which either means plan A didn't work or they noticed i was gone.

"What spell?"

"Memory, i remember how my birth parents died. Don't you understand, it's all connected. Their deaths, the note and that reporter" i slowly tries to sit up on the bed where he had put me. We're below deck, where we always used to hang out because i was scared. Let's just say my fear of the ocean is still there but it's not as bad now that i know why i was afraid.

"You almost gave me a heart attack and killed yourself to find that out? It's not worth your life y/n" he almost yells at me and it starts to ring in my ear.

"But yours is? Or Wandas and Peppers? It's not just me that's in danger of an unknown threat, we all are, so yeah it's worth it."

"No it's not, we could have found another way"

"Another way? There is no other way, we all know how this is going to end Tony, with someone dead and i would really like to be alive" i say, getting up on the side but he stops me. I'm too weak to resist him so i let him put me down again. He grabs my wrist with the watch on and pushes the on button and starts Ariel again.

"I am Ariel, the AI built to assist Y/n Stark. What can i do?" her voice echoes throughout the boat.

"Give her a sedative and drive us home" Tony says and i want to tell her not to but i can't. Ariel may be an AI but she's just like Jarvis or now Vision, she cares and will do what is best for me whatever i do. "We will talk about this later, just get some rest so you can celebrate your own birthday"

"Happy birthday to me" i mumble to myself but i'm pretty sure he can hear me. The sedative starts to run throughout my body and i can feel it relaxing against its will. But i got a good birthday present from Loki, knowing how my birth parents died. It's all an orphan can wish for, knowledge about their parents. Now i have a new mystery, who was that woman. The one who looked like an older me.

Before everything goes black i get another scene in my head, it's that woman pushing me around at an airport i think. It's what it looks like. Dragging a scared little girl through an airport towards a man I recognize. She's about to hand me over to him but just as i'm going to look at her face again, everything goes black for the last time.

A/N check out my new story called "true loves kiss saves the day" to have something to do while I get over my writer's block and continue to write this one.