Happy birthday

y/n pov

I had to wait six hours before i could sneak out, to make sure no one would notice me. I looked in on Wanda who's sleeping peacefully in her own room, so is Nat and the rest. Now here i am, in the Stark yacht. I've always hated being on this boat. Tony always kept me company below deck when we were out. Dad always forced me to come with to try and overcome my fear, but that didn't work. But he still forced me to learn how to drive it, lucky me now at least.

I've driven out in the dark for at least one hour, it's scaring the hell out of me. I shut off the engine so it's standing still and i feel the small waves go against the boat. Walking down the corridor to come to the bath bridge, looking down into the dark water. Now i just have to hope this brings back the right memories and not the ones about Emilia. I don't have time for that right now.

"Ariel, open the aft bridge and fix the deep dive rope"

"Opening aft bridge and starting deep dive equipment" she answered and i'm so glad dad had installed one in the boat. It was out on my first weekend with the boat and to make me feel at home and feel safer. He let me name it, that's why i named it after the little mermaid. It was my favorite story as a kid, which is weird as I'm afraid of the ocean.

"Arf bridge open and deep dive equipment ready. Are you sure you want to do this?" Ariel asks as i take a deep breath.

"I'm sure Ariel. Now this watch will keep tabs on my vitals so if it goes to low or something you have to pull me up"

"Who do you want me to call in that case? Your brother or Natasha?"

"You don't call anyone, you start plan A where you use that body we made for you. If you can't help me then you can call my brother" i say as i've finished putting on a harness over my regular clothing. For more effect I can't have a swimsuit, so here i am. Ready to jump into the black ocean in the middle of the night by myself.

"The water is at a temperature of 13 celsius / 55,4 fahrenheit / 286,15 kelvin. Might i suggest something warmer?" she says as i light the red and yellow candles, then the two black ones and then the last one, green. The red and yellow are to represent the mind, two black for those who died in the memory and the green, parents. They lit up in the same color as the candle when they all are lit.

"I told you what i needed to do on the way here, now go over what i told you" i say as a way to ramble it all up in my head.

"You need to know why people want you dead so you need to remember. Casual clothing and drowning. If your vitals go too low and dangerous i'm pulling you up, plan A is to use my sintetic body to help you, plan B is to call your brother"

"Good, now i'm going down" though i do wish i could have warmer clothes then a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I tie the rock to my feet, i checked first to make sure Ariel could pull me up anyways with it if the knot doesn't undo itself as I hope.

"Goodluck y/n and happy birthday" Ariel says before i throw the rock into the water. The rock will hit the bottom while the deep dive rope will hold me closer to the surface, like in between the boat and the bottom. I'm glad i found an island without people so it's not too deep, only like seventy feet down or so. But i'll only be fifteen feet down, if my calculations are right, which they always are but now i'm unsure. But now it's too late to rethink this. It's more important that i find out how to protect everyone by remembering what i'm protecting everyone from.

"Happy birthday to me" i whisper to myself as i jump into the freezing water and feel how the air in my lungs starts to press together to get out. Why didn't i find another way? If this doesn't work no one will know why i did it, they'll think i killed myself. Well i kinda am if i don't survive this, Wanda will think it's her fault, so will Clint, Tony and Nat.

I feel the pressure around my chest when i open my eyes, i'm still under the water. It's peaceful actually, i can hear other boats far away, oil drilling, everything. As i'm about to close my eyes again the light above the surface turns into the colors of the candles. It's working, i think. But as i look up i see the fire's dive into the water, towards me. They don't go out, but continue to go against me. But the reassuring colors make me feel more calm then i would have other ways.

The black is the first to surround me and the yellow gets too bright mixed up in the green and red that it takes over my vision entirely. All i feel is how the water around me makes me dry with air and the green slowly turns into the walls of a car, the red and yellow to the sundown on my right, the black of the bridge below me and the forest.

In the driver's seat is a man with wide shoulders that's oddly familiar. In the seat in front of me is a woman with long y/h/c hair. Their hands intertwined in between their seats. In the middle seat next to me is a small light purple bag with a pink elephant on top. I take the elephant in my hands to look at it. I remember it, somehow I remember it.

I look up again to see a large man in the middle of the road, the man picks something up his side and points it at us. I can't see what it is before a light shines against us and i feel the car turn over and fall.