Going out

Wanda pov

I know you noticed me pulling down my sleeves so much, just hoping you don't think too much about it.

"I'm tired, i'm gonna head back to my room" i just say, getting up and breaking the silence.

"Want me to come up later?" you ask with a sad smile and there is nothing more i would want in this world more but, i simply can't be near you right now. Not while i'm like this, damaged. This is the first time you've asked instead of just inviting yourself, a sign that your getting tired of me. Why wouldn't you?

"No, that's fine, i'm just gonna sleep. I'll see you tomorrow" someway you look hurt by my words but how could you? I know all you want is to be my friend, for me to let you be my friend, but i don't want you to be my friend. I want no, I crave something more than just being the tragic human being you're forced to take care of. The one holding you back from living your life.

"Sure, tomorrow" you say as i start to walk back to my room. That was my first official meal with the team and i blew it. You had brought me food and almost had to force feed me to my lack of hunger. I can't have you give up your life to take care of me, i just can't take that away from you. I know how you used to be or still is, you party, you love, you flirt, you don't date. I just want you for myself but i'm not enough. Why can't i just let you into my life? Why does it have to be so hard? Having you as a friend is better than nothing right? At least i get to have you in my life.

Nat pov

"What was that?" i ask after a few minutes of silence again.

"What was what?" you ask completely clueless, like your oblivious of the situation.

"Oh please, you could cut the sexuall tension in here with a knife" Clint jokes, earning a glare from you and a disgusted face from Tony.

"Wanna go out?" you ask, turning back to me and changing the subject. It's been awhile since we had gone out just for fun now. Maybe a few weeks now.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea" Tony cuts in but you ignore his presence completely.

"Well i'm going out so, anyone that wants to come meet me in the garage in twenty" you say before getting up and disappearing down the hall. Why im i not surprised that your trying to make Tony even more pissed off. Like you think it's gonna make him less protective of you, it only has the opposite effect. Maybe it's about showing that he can't stop you from being you and living your own life.

"Sometimes her super speed is super annoying" i mutter more to myself then to the rest.

"Downside of her powers, she becomes super in everything she already is" Tony says and i think it was meant to be a joke but i can tell it's not.

"Okay what is up with them? What did i miss when i was gone?" Pepper asks the remaining of us. Me, Clint and Steve. Vision had left some time ago somehow without me noticing, which scared me. And Bruce... i almost forgot, he's still not back.

"I don't really know" Steve answers, getting up and leaving. Making her turn to me. Like i would have the answer, which i do but till. I don't have every answer about you, it's a part of your charm. No one knows everything about you, not me, not your brother, not even the government. No one.

"Tony is shipping Wanda and y/n, making her pissed" i answer and she doesn't seem so surprised but it doesn't answer her entire question. "Plus he benched her after Sokovia and used babysitting Wanda as an excuse"

"That's low, even for his sister" she says, getting up and going after Tony to talk to him i guess. She's probably the only one that can make him change his mind about you.

"So are you going out?" Clint asks me as he's the only one left at the table with me.

"Of course i am, it's not like i'm letting her go out by herself. Tony would haunt me forever" i answer dramatically as i make my way out. "You should come"

"I will, just to make sure you don't to anything stupid" he calls after me and i laugh. For what could a Stark cause trouble, with her best friend by her side, wasted, in the New York nightlife.

Wanda pov

"Do you wanna go out with us?" Nat asks, sticking her head in the door. She's wearing a light purple short and tight dress with black low heels. She probably already know my answer but as she said before, it never hurts to ask. Only problem is that it can hurt to ask, if you ask the wrong question.

"Is she coming with?" she gets who i mean without me having to say your name.

"Yeah, it's me, y/n and Clint that's going"

"I think i should stay here, i wouldn't want to slow you down." i say and she notices my hand wrapped around my wrist. I let go of it less discreetly than I would like. But it's turned down so you can't see it.

"Sure, we'll see you tomorrow then. Sleep tight" she says with a smile before disappearing out again. She's really nice, Nat i mean this time. But at least your going out instead of staying back to take care of me or just to keep me company when i eat, sleep or just stares into the wall. Your going back to living your life, surely your going to stop trying to get through to me. And then i can let go of this silly little crush and see my brother and my parents.