Chapter 19: The Room

Benny spun around and grabbed Robin's hand. 'Don't let go!' he shouted.

Robin nodded 'Don't plan on it!'

Benny lifted him onto the platform then through the door, into a dark hallway. 'Come here Robin, follow me. Do you still have that magical staff?'

Robin nodded, standing close to Benny. 'Wait. No, dad took it' he frowned.

Benny nodded and looked at Robin. 'You good there?'

Robin was shaking, and sweating.

Benny's outfit changed, to a long cloak and a place on his back with a bow and a couple swords. 'So, what can I do with these arrows?'

Well, just will it do do as you w-

Benny pulled out an arrow and willed it to catch alight.

The light was dim, but bright enough for Robin to see. He handed it over to Robin.

'Thanks, this is slightly better, I guess'

Benny nodded and started walking 'Follow me, I will keep you safe' he smiled.

Robin followed, staring at the fire. 'Sorry that I came to take you to my father' he apologized.

Benny shrugged 'You wouldn't have met me.' he carried on walking to a door at the end of the hallway.

There was a window overlooking the entrance, with the Lords and Ladies standing ready to fight.

Someone looked up into Benny's eyes and grinned. 'CHARGE!' a couple of people yelled. All of the Lords and Ladies charged at each other, fighting.

Benny grabbed Robin and took him away from the window. 'Look, there's a door over there' he said, walking towards the door.

Robin nodded, the arrow had burnt up at this point. 'The arrow's dead' he said, handing it back to Benny. Benny took it.

There was a metal door, similar to that of the one he'd seen with that room with the big metal box.

There was talking inside the room, quite mysterious.

Benny thought for a moment. 'Oh... Oh I remember.'

Robin looked at him and shrugged. He opened the door slowly.

Benny tried to stop him. 'STOP!' he shouted.

A man was in the room, unlocking the metal box. He dropped the key and looked at Benny. 'Hello Benny' the man's form changed.

Robin fell back, shaking as if he were in the elevator shaft again.

Benny looked back and then at the man. 'Who are you!' he shouted, summoning his sword and shield.

The man grinned and walked over, unfazed by the weapons. 'You have no chance against me and the spirits here... we we kill you before you can escape!' He walked back to the box and started fiddling with the locks again.

Robin hid behind the door, shaking still. 'T-That's my dad' he whispered to Benny.

'Come forth, my child, you did well' the man beckoned Robin forward.

Robin shook his head 'No! You used me! You punished me... I didn't want to bring him here as much as you wanted to keep those spirits locked away.'

The man grinned. 'I am Edward! The Lord of fire- endings, evil, darkness, and everything in that side! These are my forefathers... known to the religious folk as-'

Benny pulled out his bow, aiming a burning arrow directly at Edward. 'Stand. Down.'

The man had a fake shocked face as he walked toward Benny. 'Oh no! Or what, you will shoot me?' He laughed.

Benny nodded. 'Mat! Gimme something dangerous' he thought.

Ha ha! Thought you'd never ask!

The arrow turned pure purple, the same as that mysterious person who pretended to be Jack. 'Yes. I will shoot you.'

The man sighed. 'Oh boo-hoo,that's gonna kill me!' He sarcastically whined.

Robin watched from the door, 'oh- oh I see' he muttered to himself. His eyes turned dark and purple, his hand glowing the same shade as his eyes. He waved towards the arrow, causing it to fly around the room on its own. The man took the arrow and snapped it in half.

'You fool! You have no chance to defeat me-'

We are down to one arrow.

'Can't you summon more?'

No, you fool.

'don't call me fool'

Don't be a fool.

'Well, just let's wait a bit before I we use the final arrow.'

He summoned the sword again. 'Then I fight you!' He grinned.

The man shrugged and stood ready. 'Then fight me, fool. If I die, the cage opens- and you all die' he laughed, his laugh bitter and evil.

Benny looked back at Robin and sighed. 'Run' he said calmly.

Robin shook his head viciously. 'I'm staying. I'm helping'

Benny sighed. He took off the scarab necklace. 'Robin, take this, and get out of this place.' He seemed stern now.

WHAT! NO!

​​​​​​​Benny pushed Robin through the door and closed it. 'Fight me!' He shouted at Edward.

Edward grinned and moved forward. 'Whatever you say'

Robin was banging on the door, shouting for Benny to let him in.