"What?" Andrew asked.

"Meredith," Derek said. "She likes lilies. She says she hates flowers, but...she loves lilies. And she hates seafood, especially lobster because she can't eat anything that looks like it did when it was alive. And she insists that the right side of the bed is hers, but even if you sleep on the left...she'll end up curled around you anyways. If you open her car door, be prepared for a very long lecture on feminism. And she says she can cook, but she burns the toast every time. She insists that it's her conditioner that smells like lavender, but I'm convinced that she wears some kind of perfume or something, because there's no way that conditioner can be that completely captivating. She's been hurt a lot and now...now she just wants to be loved."

Andrew frowned as he reached for the strings that were sitting on the counter. "Thanks for the advice," he said hesitantly. He started to walk out the door, stopping when he heard Derek's voice again.

"I hurt her," Derek said softly. "I didn't mean to, but...I hurt her. Badly. So just...don't be like me. Don't hurt her."

Andrew turned to look at him, smiling slightly. "She doesn't need to worry about being hurt anymore," he said before he disappeared out the door.

Derek sighed as he sank onto the chair behind the counter, suddenly exhausted. Being the bigger person was not exactly easy.

XXXXX

Meredith smiled softly as Andrew walked her up to her doorway. "Thanks for taking me home," she smiled softly. "I'm sorry I'm not up to going out tonight."

"Hey, it's okay," Andrew smiled softly, brushing some hair out of her eyes. "I just hope you feel better.

"I'll be fine," Meredith said. "Just lots of rest."

"You want me to stay and keep you company?" he asked.

"No, Lexie and Izzie are home," she smiled. "We'll probably just have a girls night. You know, watch movies, talk about boys."

"Well, I hope you have nothing but good things to say," Andrew smiled.

"Of course not," Meredith giggled. "I'll call you tomorrow."

"Okay," Andrew smiled, kissing her softly.

Meredith sighed as she walked into her house, collapsing onto the couch and staring up at the ceiling, wondering why the world apparently seemed to hate her. There was no other possible explanation for the way that she had run into her ex boyfriend while out with her new boyfriend. Hate. The world hated her.

"What are you doing here?" Izzie asked as she appeared in the doorway, a bowl of popcorn in her hands.

"This is my house," Meredith replied.

"Don't you have a date with the hot teacher?" Izzie asked.

"I did," Meredith sighed. "But we happened to walk into a music store that just happened to be owned by Derek's father. And guess who was working behind the counter?"

"Oh no," Izzie sighed.

"Yup," Meredith nodded, leaning back into the cushions. Because the world hates me."

"Was it horrible?" Izzie asked.

"It wasn't too bad," Meredith sighed. "I just wish that Derek didn't have to see us together. It's too weird."

"You had to know that you're going to run into him eventually," Izzie pointed out.

"I know," Meredith started, frowning when the doorbell rang. "I'll get it."

She sighed as she dragged herself towards the door, stopping short when she saw Derek standing on the other side of the glass.

"Derek," she frowned as she opened the door, crossing her arms over her chest. "What are you doing here?"

Can't Help Falling in Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें