Chapter Nighty-Two: Mission Mania

Começar do início

We all looked at him with wide eyes in shock while the crowd looked at him in disbelief.

The Next Day

I was in the common area with Leo, Spin, Bob and Douglas because Douglas wanted to show us something.

"So, long story short, Donnie put me in charge of developing technology for the academy. But only on a trial basis" Douglas said.

"Why just a trial basis?" Spin asked.

"I honestly don't know" Douglas shrugged.

Me and Leo looked at each other before looking at Douglas with 'seriously' looks.

"You tried to annihilate his whole family" Leo said and I nodded.

"Come on, you've met him. Can you blame me?" Douglas asked, trying to defend himself.

This just made me and Leo glare at him while Bob just shrugged and smiled.

"Don't worry, big guy. I'm sure you'll wipe him out next time" Bob said.

We all looked at him weirdly while Douglas just sighed and shook his head.

"This point is, I have the chance to get back into my brother's good graces. So, I've been working on some new devices that are really going to impress Donnie. What do you guys wanna see first?" Douglas asked.

We all just shrugged while he grinned and walked us over to a nearby table where there were a few inventions that he made.

"The Stabber 2000? Plague in a bottle? Uh-oh. Here comes the pencil bazooka" Douglas grinned as he picked up a weird invention that had alot of pencils.

We all looked at it weirdly while Douglas seemed to like it.

"You can't erase the injuries this thing will cause" Douglas chuckled.

"How would any of those be used at the academy?" Spin asked.

Douglas turned and gave him an annoyed look as he held his hands up.

"Well, how should I know? This one with the questions" Douglas scoffed.

I glared at him and smacked him upside the head.

"Look, Douglas. Big D doesn't want violent devices. He wants things that are going to improve our lives" Leo said.

"Well, I don't know if that's really in my wheelhouse. I have been destroying things for years, and now I'm supposed to help people?" Douglas asked.

Me and Leo looked at him weirdly and nodded while he sighed.

"Where did my life go so wrong?" Douglas asked.

"When you let jealousy and anger get the best of you" I deadpanned.

This caused Leo, Spin and Bob to snort while Douglas glared at me but all I did was shrug and smirk.

I mean, I wasn't wrong.

"Come on, Douglas. You must have something" Leo said and I nodded.

"Well...Maybe this'll work" Douglas said as he motioned for us to follow him.

We walked over to some white chair that had these things around it.

"Ooh, Italian furniture. I approve" Leo grinned as he placed his hands on his hips.

I looked at him weirdly while Douglas rolled his eyes.

"No! It's my lie detector chair. You strap somebody into it, and ask 'em questions. It analyzes their vocal patterns, and determines if they're telling the truth" Douglas explained.