Chapter 41

Footsteps could be heard marching down the hospital hallway towards the exit as the newly formed SOS (Solar Operation Squad) team made their way to the car park. Just before they disperse to their respective vehicle, Wheein poses the most important question – Where are we going?

"Amber left us a trail. She hid a tracking device behind the fire extinguisher when the officers arrive to search the area for any trail." Hwasa replied.

"Oh... But most of us came here by ambulance. How are we getting there?" she further enquires, "Or rather, how did ya'll get here" she looked towards Seulgi, Irene, Moonbyul and Yong-Hwa's directions.

"Moonbyul, Seulgi and Irene came in a car. I just happened to bump into them when they were about to enter the police station and we rushed here immediately to re-group." Yong-Hwa replied.

"Seulgi, Irene, Jennie and Lisa, could you join Officer Yong-Hwa's car please? The patrol car is more spacious than the car I came here with." Moonbyul gave out the orders and they waste no time hopping in his car.

Wheein and Hwasa had their jaws dropped when they saw a label 'Aston Martin' printed on the rear of the sportscar. "What's wrong? Hop on, we ain't got much time!" Moonbyul said after she pressed the car button to unlock. Hwasa screamed at the top of her lungs by a motionless body sticking out as soon as she opened the door adjacent to hers.

"What happened? Why are you screaming?" Wheein got worried and walked over to check out the ruckus and had the same reaction when she gets there.

"Ya, MOON BYUL-YI! Why is there a dead body hanging out here, did you kill somebody?!" Hwasa demanded an explanation, while Wheein fell weak on her knees.

"Aish... You both are noisy and slow. What is it?" She walked over to them and see what they witnessed and chuckled for a solid minute before answering, "Um... I- Uh... Heh Heh." Yet she failed to find the right words to explain.

"Urgh... Ugh... B-Bul..."

"Aaa!!! Zombie!!! The dead body just spoke!" Hwasa pointed as she yelled.

"K-Kill it! I hate zombies!" Wheein protested.

"Muh... Moonbyul...! Blaaargh..." The 'dead' body retched and coughed in finale.

"Hold on... That voice... Eric?!" Hwasa asked.

"Gah... Oh god. Is this heaven? Am I dead? Hmmm... This must be hell, there's a lioness yelling at me." Eric muttered as he barely regained his consciousness. Hwasa acted fast, helping him to sit upright and handed him a bottle of water. After a few hasty sips and deep breaths, Eric finally came around, "Yah... Moonbyul... Where did you get your license? I'm going to shut that school down completely. I thought I was in a roller-coaster ride to hell."

"Eric, no time to explain, we going to save Solar now, so sit tight-" Moonbyul was about to explain further but his face turned into horror reminiscing the car fiasco earlier.

"NO! I'm NOT GOING! Please, Moonbyul-ah. I'll be good, please drop me off in the hospital where I can rest-"

"Oh, lucky you. We have arrived at your destination. Now please get off, we're busy." Moonbyul cuts him off and leaned forward to unlock his seat belt and threw him out of the car, "Let's go, Hwasa, Wheein. We've already lost so much time."

"O-Oh!" They responded and hustled in, Moonbyul drove away at lightning speed as soon as they clicked their seat belts and watches a dumbfounded Eric kneeling on the floor like he has been robbed.

"Ya!!! That's my car, you thief! How can you throw me out like this?! Aigoo... Thank lord she's not my wife. She'll be the death of me, that she-devil-"

"Sir, do you need help?" A familiar soothing voice called out to him. He turned his head, and he showed his goofy smile thinking, 'Scratch that. Moonbyul you angel. Thank you.'

Meanwhile inside Moonbyul's car, Wheein was at the back screaming as though she is doing a soprano practice session because the cars were moving fast, like a stunt driving straight out of an action movie. Hwasa could only giggle, she felt sorry for her girlfriend, but she couldn't relate since she's used to Moonbyul's F1 driving style.

"M-Moonbyul-ah... I-I know Solar eonni is waiting for us, and your driving can be forgiven by law because you have these police siren on... But can you PLEASE SLOW DOWN! AAA!!! R-RED LIGHT!" Wheein warned just seconds before Moonbyul stepped on the brake.

"Trust the process, babe. Hah haha." Hwasa tried her best to mask her laughter in amidst Wheein's misery, "By the way, Moonbyul. Are you sure it's okay to leave Eric there?"

"Don't worry. He's passed out as soon as we arrive at the police station, so I called Wendy to meet me at SNU Hospital. I never intended to let him join us, so he should be thankful right now."

"Ooo... Wendy... Lucky him, he's got food. I haven't had anything all day."

"Ya... This girl. Your appetite never ceases to impress me. I'm not talking about the fast-food chain 'Wendy's' I'm talking about Seung-wan Wendy, the waitress that you used to hit on, remember? You used to come by the restaurant after school just to see her."

"Huh... What is this about?" Wheein leaned forward and clutched Hwasa by the shoulders. Hwasa gulped and slowly turned her head to face her, "B-Babe...? You're okay now? Maybe you should rest."

"Or maybe you should spit it out before we arrive." Wheein said, as she crawled her fingers from the shoulders towards the neck. Hwasa gulped and glared at Moonbyul.

"Oops." Was all Moonbyul could utter, and she resumed to her driving upon seeing the traffic lights turn green. Sirens were blaring across the Seoul metropolitan street, alarming every single vehicle on the road to make way for the incoming authorities with Moonbyul's car in lead, followed by Yong-Hwa and a few more patrol cars behind them.

(End of Chapter 42)

A/N: I know I'm being very desperate and naggy, but appreciate if you could also check out my new story about MoonSun FanFic (AU) 'Tteok to my Heart' ^^ Thank ya'll for supporting this story. Take care <3!