Chapter 10

Solar's POV

"Wheein-ah"

"Eonni, you don't sound too happy. Were you expecting to see someone else instead?" Wheein said, wiggling her eyebrows giving me her cheeky smile.

I shook my head denying the fact and Wheein clearly isn't buying it so I tried to change to topic instead, "What brings you here today?"

"Oh, so Ggomo isn't welcome in its own house anymore?" I look confused until everything links together when Ggomo walks out of the kitchen. Wheein then carry him up, holding its paw waving at me.

"Ggomo!" I ran and snatched Ggomo from Wheein's embrace causing her to frown, "Is someone jealous?" I laughed but stopped at realisation that all of these feels déjà vu – 'favouritism'

"Ggomo!" I ran and snatched Ggomo from Wheein's embrace causing her to frown, "Is someone jealous?" I laughed but stopped at realisation that all of these feels déjà vu 'favouritism'.

"Eonni... You sound happier greeting Ggomo than me." I set Ggomo down carefully then hugs Wheein.

"Don't say that, Wheein-ah. Of course I'm happy to see you."

"Forgiven." Wheein smiled, "Well, I was here since afternoon with-"

A man surfaces from the kitchen behind the counter, "Everything's in order now Miss Jung, I'll take my leave now." Wheein nodded and sees the man out of the house before she continues, "Moonbyul asked her bodyguard Jennie to text me this morning on how she almost burns down the kitchen last night, so I came with a handyman to restore everything back in order."

My mouth formed an "O" then my eyes are distracted again.

"Stop looking around, Moonbyul isn't home."

"H-huh? Oh." I replied, looking down anxiously fiddling with my fingers, 'where are you Byul-ah... You just left abruptly and its late now but you're not home either.'

"Don't worry, Joohyun should be with her by now." Wheein assures.

"Joohyun? Who is Joohyun? Didn't you say it was Jennie?"

"They're human not android. Jennie has to rest so she can send Moonbyul to University in the morning. There are 2 bodyguards assigned to each of you, taking turn to protect you round the clock." She explains.

I hear my stomach growling again and it didn't pass Wheein unnoticed, "It's past 10, you haven't had your dinner?" she asked in a worried tone. I shook my head smiling, then I invite her for supper which the latter nodded in agreement. We head out and I was greeted by my bodyguard for the night shift.

"Miss Solar, nice to meet you. I'm Officer Kang Seulgi, but just Seulgi will do." She greeted.

"Okay, Just Seulgi." I giggled, but when I see Seulgi and Wheein exchanging looks, I realised I am the only one laughing so I press both hands on my lips covering it feeling embarassed.

"Oh my god, eonni... That's just so bad! Don't ever make such Aze Gag again, it doesn't suit you." Wheein looks at me cringing her face gesturing a shivering motion to make a point how cold that joke is.