Chapter 27

Pushing the door handle down lightly, Moonbyul winced at the creaking noise created by the door. She prays hard that no one hears it, but almost went into cardiac arrest when the light suddenly switched on and a voice emerged, "Where were you?"

"Ah!!! Mom you scared me!" Moonbyul jumped when she saw her mom standing next to the sofa with a crossed arm.

"Explain yourself." Her mom demanded.

"I was hungry, okay? I went to get some supper."

"Then why are you being so sneaky if you are just getting supper? Guilty conscious?"

"Because you can't return back to sleep once you are awake." Moonbyul neither bat an eye, nor have any waver in her voice to convince that she wasn't lying, but her mom still didn't seem to buy it.

"Is she telling the truth?" Her mom then turns to Seulgi who nodded, then hands her the GPS tracker that shows their past locations which finally makes her believe but said, "it better be true".

Moonbyul felt a sigh of relief internally, but her facial expression didn't change. Thanks to her wit, she paid the tteokbokki owner to hold on to their phones until they return from Ggomo Residence so that their location remains there.

"Look, mom. You confiscated my phone and you have these people following me around all day. What more you need?" Moonbyul sounds annoyed, "I'm an adult now, until when will you give me freedom?"

"Ha! Look at this girl, are you even listening to yourself? The last time I gave you freedom, you turned gay. Never again." Her mom scoffed, "You want freedom? Then hurry up and get married to a guy and then you will have your freedom."

Clenching her fist with a furrowed eyebrow, she then finally loosens up and sigh knowing that getting angry will get her nowhere. She then bit her lip, struggling to speak up until she finally said, "I'll go to the blind date that you arranged."

Her mom's eyes widened in shock yet joyful. She smiled widely and walked over to give Moonbyul a hug, but the latter did not return it and instead kept her faceless expression. "Has my daughter has finally come around? Oh, mom is so happy! Trust me princess, this is all just a phase and infatuation. You will get over it and thank me for waking you up."

"With the condition that you will no longer track my movements." Moonbyul said, which makes her mom release the hug and look at her with a frown.

"Alright, I suppose you've earned it." Her mom hesitated before finally agreeing then unlocked her smartphone to show her a picture of her blind date but Moonbyul brush it away before seeing the picture, "It doesn't matter, mom. I'm tired I'll go get some sleep." With that said, she locked herself in her room.

Solar's POV

As the festival are approaching, I couldn't find much time to connect with Moonbyul even though I can finally reach her. I got up from my chair, stretching out the tense muscle from being seated dealing with paperwork and preparations. A set of hands suddenly envelop my waist and I can feel something resting on my shoulder which makes me smile as I am already familiar with her presence.

"Well, this is new. You're not surprised?" Moonbyul whispered in her sexy husky voice that almost turned me on but I remind myself where we are.

"I guess I got used to it."

"Aw, you're no fun." She pouted and I giggled as I feel ticklish when she breathes in softly on my neck, "You ghosted me, I haven't heard from you for days now."

"Says the one who transfer school without a word, leaving me with a pile of paperwork." I said, shrugging my shoulder in attempt to get her head off my shoulder.

"Stay still." She said, then I could feel her sinking her head on my shoulder. I feel anxious and worried because she doesn't sound alright.

"Moonbyul, what's wrong?"

"Mmm... Nothing. I just missed you that's all."

I have a feeling that she might be hiding something from me, so I eventually turn to face her and was shocked to see her red eyes, "Moonbyul! What happen to your eyes? Did you cry?" I held her face and noticed the dark circles surrounding her eyes and questioned her further, "Baby please tell me. We promise to talk things out remember?"

"I'm going on a blind date." My heart sank when I heard it. Before I allow myself to drown in negative thoughts, Moonbyul pulls me in for a hug as she explains, "I made a deal with my mom. If I agree to go on a blind date, she will forget about what happened between us and even stop tracking me. Which is why I can be here comfortably without worry."

"But does that mean that we-"

"Nothing is over, babe. You have my promise." She took my hands and kissed it lightly while looking at me longingly, "I will do whatever it takes to foil this blind date. Until then, I ask you to trust me that no matter what happens, I will always love you and will never leave you."

"I trust you, Byul-ah. I love you too." We hugged and shared moments of tragic tears together, knowing that the path we chose is not an easy road to walk. After we wiped each other's tears away, we sat down and Moonbyul immediately wrapped her arms around me, resting her head on my chest.

"Aw... Does my baby want to be pampered?" I teased.

"Mmm... I miss this pillow" She said, rubbing her cheeks against my chest and I slapped her back then proceeds to pinch her cheek lifting it off me, "Moon Byul Yi! Do you love me only for my body?"

"Ow, ow. No, of course not! Well, I'd be lying if I said I don't love your body but I just love everything about you."

I squinted my eyes doubtingly as I let go of my hand and commented, "pervert." She smiled and stole a quick kiss on my lips, "I love you, my sun."

"Aishh... That surprised me. But I love you too, my moon."

We stare in each other's eyes longingly, leaning in slowly ready to go for another kiss until I cursed in my mind at the sound of a rumbling noise from my stomach, forgetting when was the last time I ate.

"Yeba... You just ruined the moment." Moonbyul teases me and rubbing my belly but I slap her hands off. She chuckled and brushed the topic off, commenting in a sarcastic tone, "Aigoo! the weather forecast says it's sunny all day. Did you hear a thunder? I do. So we should go now before it rains."

"Go where?"

"Eat. I'm hungry." She gets up and smile, stretching her arms out which I held it.

(End of Chapter 27)

-A/N-

Thank you for reading and supporting this story!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it took about a day late but I'm currently halfway through to the next chapter so maybe I can upload the next one in a few days. Stay tuned! Please vote & comment to let me know what you think! Stay safe and healthy peeps, cheers! <3

P.S. Happy 7th Anniversary to our Queens Mamamoo! I just love them so much, they are just so perfect individually and a bomb as a group.