Chapter 29

"Oh no, please don't tell me you are going out looking like THAT!" my mom gave me a disgustedly disapproving look at my choice of fashion to meet my blind date. I rolled my eyes in annoyance while she invades my privacy by scavenging through my wardrobe to find something 'decent' in her eyes.

"No, no, no. This won't do. You have NOTHING to wear!" she complains as her search gets more aggressive shifting the clothes hanger around angrily.

"I guess that means I don't have to go then since I have nothing to wear." I glanced at her nervously, knowing in my heart that it won't work on her and I am proved right.

Her expression changes to a sly smile saying, "Oh ho ho, no, no. You didn't think I won't be prepared for something like this, right princess? Of course, I knew this would happen so I went ahead and picked out a dress for you."

I am instantly flooded with negative thoughts, 'oh shit, is she going to let me wear something revealing? Will I look like a hooker? I think I might... considering she's trying to sell me off!'

Mom then commanded one of our maids to bring out the dress and although I felt relieved that it wasn't something too revealing, but I am now doubting my mom's fashion sense:

"Mom, I literally look like a curtain, or shuttlecock at best."

"Nonsense! Did you know this was worn by a top model? It took me a lot of effort to get it!" she frowns at my comment and shoved me to a dressing table where a make-up artist awaits.

"Really, mom? Do I really need to go that far?"

"First impression is the most important, princess."

"Don't call me princess." I snapped and she walked away ignoring me.

I resigned myself to all of her demands and sat quietly throughout the car ride. Upon reaching the destination, I realised it's the same restaurant I last went with Solar and her parents. My head droop down, longing for her and the warmth of her family that I know I can never get from mine.

A set of footsteps approached us and I grip my dress nervously, 'please don't be ugly, please don't be old, please don't be a sex maniac.' As I was mindlessly chanting, a familiar voice calls out to me as I feel a hand landed on my shoulder.

"Moon...byul? It's you right?"

"Eric?" I swear my eyes almost left my face when I saw him as I stare at him in shock.

"It's really you! Oh wow, it's good to see you!" he smiles, now bowing to greet my mom while I rolled my eyes, giving him a cold reply, "can't say the same." Which earns me a kick from my mom, unbeknownst to him since I held it pretty well.

"Aigoo! You both knew each other? That's good it must be fate then! I must say, the Nam Neurologist family sure have good genes, you are so handsome!" My mom compliments him as he shyly nodded.

She then excused herself to let us 'date' but not before she threatens me in a whisper, "behave. If I hear anything bad from the Nam, I'd do more than just end her career." I frowned and forced myself to nod as she leaves after giving us a fake smile. After I am certain that she has left the vicinity, I turn to Eric with a serious look.

"I'll keep it short. I'm in relationship with-"

"Solar noona. I know." He rests his head on his fist, smiling at me.

"Yes, you knew. So, you should know that we-"

"Can never be together, yes. But what's your plan now? Believe me when I said I didn't want this as much as you hate it either, although our family won't let us off easily and you of all people should know better." He casually put down his fist and reached out to the glass of wine in front of him, shifting it in a circular motion before taking a sip.

I sighed in frustration as I tap on the table for a few moments before looking at him who tilts his head as I ask, "any ideas?" He smirked, giving me a familiar shrug that I've seen countless time as it brings back angry memory of the time, he didn't contribute any ideas to plan our school annual festival.

"You're right, why did I even ask you in the first place. I'm the dumb one." I look stressed out that I didn't notice our waitress approaching us....

(End of Chapter 29)

-A/N-

Eek! I'm late (again!) Thank you for reading and supporting this chapter! I promise to publish the next chapter by tonight (in a few hours) or tomorrow.

Did you expect Eric to be the blind date? Who do you think the waitress approaching them? Let me know in the comments below. Stay tuned until the next chapter!

Thanks for the votes, take care and be safe! <3

Edit: I forgot to attach Moonbyul's new outfit! The handsome hamster even admits it herself that the dress reminded her of shuttlecock. UwU moomoos are just creative.