Chapter 8

Hwasa's POV

"Y-You're... He's your WHAT?!" Moonbyul forgot to keep it down after hearing what I said so I remind her by pressing my index finger on my lips, signalling her to keep quiet. She covers her mouth with both hands, but eyes are still in shock.

"Yes, Ahn Bo Hyun is my blood-related brother" I repeated to assure that she hears it right.

"How? I mean, we've known each other since pre-school and I never knew any Bo Hyun in your family. It has always been you and your parents even in the family portrait I thought you are an only child."

"We were a family of four until my mother remarried because my biological father is very abusive and words gets around that he's still the same. That monster is none other than Ahn Jae-Mo, Chairman of Ahn Construction and Development Company, they are known to be powerful and influential even taking control of the law system."

I curled up my fist tightly, recalling the painful memories but my tension eased when Moonbyul held my hand, giving me courage to continue, "Back then, Bo Hyun oppa was 12 and I was 5 when our parents divorce. As minors, we don't have much say and Jae-Mo needed a successor, so he abused his power to gain custody of Bo Hyun oppa."

"I'm sorry Hwasa, for making you revisit your painful past." She sympathised but I shook my head and smiled assuring her that I'm alright.

"Moonbyul, I don't know what he has been up to but deep down I know Bo Hyun oppa is still a good person, no matter what people say."

"Maybe, but people can change Hwasa-ya and we can't afford to take any chances. Please understand us."

I nodded and started bawling as my tears wouldn't stop pouring out. It's painful to hear bad things about someone whom you have always trusted and adored, call me stubborn but I won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes.

Moonbyul then walked over to my side and pulling me in for a hug to comfort me. I stayed in her embrace until I've calmed down but bewildered when I'm suddenly pushed away.

"Ow! What was that fo...Oh!" I looked up and smiled 'now this is interesting...'

Solar's POV

I arrived at the University cafeteria to get my coffee, unknowingly glancing around looking for a particular face. I shook my head assuming she should be in class right now. We shared our schedule last night so we would know if anything happened to one of us, avoiding any form of communication by phone unless it's an emergency. 'Goodbye social life.'

Moonbyul's way of handling the whole ordeal impresses me, I mean who'd have thought so far. She showed me a responsible side of hers making me feel safe around her, I feel bad thinking back on how I lectured her without listening to her side of the story. Just when I've decided to praise her more, I feel my blood surge in anger when my eyes landed on a person whom I want to see but not at this time.

I walked over, clearing my throat to announce my presence. The panicked hamster suddenly pushed the other girl aside and explained, "It's not what you think!"

"What do you think am I thinking about?" I questioned.

She curled her lips inwards holding her breath, unable to utter any word.

"Miss Moon, I will have you know that your personal life is none of my business. You are free to date for all I care, but don't you have class right now?" she looks at her watch then smacked Hwasa's arms earning a panicked look from the victim.

"Ya, Hwasa! We've already missed one lecture and we're gonna be late for the next one!" I see them fumbling over their belongings and gave me a light bow which I nodded before they head towards the hallway, slapping each other's arms as they run. I shook my head in disbelief 'is she really the same person? How can she be this childish yet mature at the same time?'

I walked back to my office with a cup of coffee, awakening my senses. I held the door handle to my office and a voice replayed in my head 'you are free to date for all I care'.

I blushed at the thought, 'Did I said that just now?! That's so awkward! Now she's going to think I'm interested in her... Ugh why did I say that? Stupid!... Is this jealousy?' I pause for a moment before I pushed down the handle swinging the door open, 'Naaah...'

Moonbyul's POV

I looked at my timetable and feel excited when I saw the final lecture for today is Ethics. While the lecture hall is slowly filling up with students, everyone's chatter ended when Prof. Solar walks in. Not long after her lecture started, she was interrupted by Prof. Jung who came in to whisper something in her ear and left.

Turning her attention towards us, she announces, "As you all know the annual school festival is in a month's time, every teacher is required to appoint 2 students as the event committee. So... Is there anyone who is willing to help me? Please raise your hand...."

The room fell into dead silence until she corrected, "you may even nominate a person whom you think is capable of helping..." then everyone started to look around, teasing and threatening one other and noises began to pollute the room.

"I VOLUNTEER!" a voice next to me yelled. I looked to my side and saw Hwasa put up her hands with a serious face. Everyone has their attention on her and before Prof. Solar could say anything she flashed a cheeky smile, pointing her index finger to my face, "... I volunteer to nominate MOON. BYUL. YI!"

'WHAT THE F-' I pulled her index finger down but she pointed her other index finger towards me, consecutively 'shooting' them towards me.

"Miss Moon, are you okay with helping me?" Prof. Solar asked with a concern look on her face.

"Y-Ye. I mean, sure! Of course, Prof. my pleasure!" I said trying to sound less sarcastic as I stare at Hwasa cursing with my eyes.

"Okay, thank you Miss Moon. I need one more student, anyone?"

"Prof.!" another student stood up, "He's too shy to speak up but please let him help you. I believe he'll be a great help." I can see the guy next to him have almost the same reaction as I did earlier, pulling his friend's arm to sit back down.

Before his friend sat, he managed to blurt his name out.

"I nominate Nam Yoon Do!"

(End of Chapter 8)

-A/N-

Stay tuned for the next chapter. Coming riiiiiiight up!

I know the beginning are boring with details but its necessary to progress.

Please comment andvote <3 Thanks for reading! <3