You'll Love Me At Once (HyunLix)

Почніть із самого початку

"Come on, precious one. Let us go and enjoy my garden while the sun still has yet to set."

.

("I must go, Hyunjin."

"So soon, starlight?"

"My brother already suspects me. If I do not return before dawn, then he will undoubtedly report it to our father, and I won't be able to sneak out again."

"If you do not return—"

"Oh, stop it with the empty threats, silly. I'll be back, hm? I'll just need to lay low for a few days. As soon as they're off my back, I'll come back to you."

"You have a week. If I have not heard of you before then, then nothing will be able to stop me from coming to fetch you myself, little rose. Do you understand me?"

"You needn't worry, my love. I'll come back – I always do.")

.

Felix blinked a few times, feeling a little dizzy. He could feel the remnants of a disturbing dream slipping away and, though he did attempt to stop it from vanishing completely, his memory grew fuzzier the harder he tried to remember. When a sharp pain shot through his head, he abandoned the endeavor completely.

Glancing to his side, he frowned upon realizing Hyunjin wasn't in bed with him. He knew the Fae had no need for sleep – or at least, not in the same way Humans did – but his lover always made a point of keeping him company once night fell. Felix could only rest easy when Hyunjin was by his side, and the Fae was always happy to indulge him.

So, where was he?

Still a tad troubled by the dream he couldn't recall, Felix shuffled out of bed and slowly made his way to the double-doors that led to the garden outside. A surprisingly cold breeze greeted him the moment he stepped outside, his feet sinking a bit into the soft grass, and he inhaled deeply, already soothed by the night air, though slightly disturbed by how cold it was. 

It took him a few moments to notice that something was wrong. He couldn't see any fireflies buzzing around the garden and shedding their usual, soft glow, nor could he hear any nightly birds or other animals. The air also felt like it was getting colder, for some reason, and the stars...

He couldn't see any of them.

What is happening...?

Before he could ponder over it any longer, however, the air suddenly turned a lot warmer than before, and familiar arms wrapped themselves around his waist, a body pressing itself against his back as the familiar scent of flowers washed over him.

"Hyunie," he murmured, instinctively relaxing.

"What are you doing up, my precious buttercup?"

"Had a weird dream that woke me up," Felix sighed. "And there's something... strange..."

He blinked a few times as he took in the sight of the fireflies roaming about, the night owl hooting in the distance, the small family of squirrels now scrambling in the bushes. Above their heads, the stars twinkled, as bright as ever. It was warm again, like it always was, no trace of the previously cold breeze to be felt.

Did I imagine all of it...?

"Come, let us return to bed," softly urged Hyunjin, carefully guiding him back inside. "You must be tired, is all."

Felix nodded mutely, already feeling the tiredness weighing his eyelids down. Hyunjin lovingly tucked him back into bed before laying down next to him, and the freckled boy let out a soft, content sigh as he once again felt safe and secure in his lovers' arms.