Chapter 25

A light cool breeze entered the room and caressed his cheek on the bed, which made him shudder a bit. Still too sleepy to get up, Type pulled his cover over his head, but it was no use now he couldn't fall asleep anymore.

He sat up, rubbing his eyes while yawning and stretched his arms over his head. He was off today and wished to laze about, but his annoying inner clock still woke him early.

A sweet delicious aroma streaming to the bedroom from the kitchen started tickling his nose. Mmmm bacon, eggs, blueberry pancakes...all his favorites.

Then he remembered... Was it all a dream!

He quickly kicked the sheet off of him, dressed with just a t-shirt and his boxers, he ran out of his room.

Could it be? Is he back? Did I dream it all?
Almost to kitchen, he tripped hitting his big toe on a chair and almost fell down, when a pair of arms caught him mid-air.

"Be careful Type."

"THARN!"

Then his face fell.

"KHOM!!??

Khom was Type's childhood friend

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Khom was Type's childhood friend. He didn't have many of those growing up, given that he had to constantly move from one home to the next, from schools to schools. They met in 5th grade, and somehow was able to remain friends. Although he hasn't seen him in a couple of years.

"Khom, what the hell are you doing here?"

Khom looked at him baffled, he was drinking his coffee, checking on his emails, already dressed up for work.

"What's gotten into you this morning Type? I made you breakfast today. I was feeling generous. I know how tired you were yesterday."

"Yesterday?... What happened yesterday?"

Khom put his coffee cup down on the table and looked up at Type with a worried look.

"Are you sure you are OK? You don't look too good and are acting really weird."

Type ignored him and strated frantically perusing the rooms of the cozy condo, hoping someone was just hiding somewhere to surprise him.

Khom got up from his stool, followed Type to the living room, got a hold of him and put the back of his palm to his forehead.

"Well...at least you don't have a fever, Type what are you looking for? You are scaring me."

Type was getting frustrated. He pushed Khom off of him who stumbled backwards a few  steps.

"Heyyyy take it easy Type! What is the matter with you!"

"It's not funny anymore"

"What's not funny?" asked Khom fixing up his shirt and tie that got a bit ruffled by Type.