Chapter 12

My eyes darted from Tharn to Champ wondering why did Tharn suddenly get angry... And did he growl??

Trying to lighten the mood a bit, I turn my attention solely to Champ. He has been acting weird since we got here. Kept checking his phone and tapping his fingers on the table as if he was anxious about something.

"So Champ, why did you suddenly ask me to hang with you here tonight?" I asked with a smile to get him to relax. I could tell he was tensing up under the gaze of Tharn who by the way didn't stop glaring at Champ since he heard...whatever it was Champ whispered.
I gotta admit, he has really excellent hearing.

I snaked one of my arms around his waist, giving him a quick squeeze to snap him out of his staring contest. Because Champ couldn't speak which was kind of funny.

It worked, he shook his head and looked at me with that million dollar smile of his... Geez... God definitely took his time making this one. I didn't realize I was staring at him until he leaned in, lightly brushed his cheek on my ear and whispered with a breathy voice, " you are drooling".

His breath caressing my neck sent shivers down my spine. I could feel him smiling against my ear... What the hell is going on with me?

*cough cough*
"Are you OK Champ, asked Tharn with an amusing smirk on his face, do you need a drink?"

Champ rolled his eyes and ignored him and looked at me to finally tell me what was going on.

"You have been single for too long"

"huh?... What are you talking about Champ?" I asked confused.

"You haven't went on a date with anyone for 2 years now. You are killing yourself with work, volunteering in other clinics, then go home sleep and start all over the next day."

"What are you getting at Champ?" this guy better not be doing what I think... Before I could finish my thoughts, he suddenly got up from behind the table, turns around to face the entrance of the restaurant. Then faced us for a quick second with the biggest grin on his face and exclaimed "She is coming!"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Tharn pov*

"She is coming!"

As soon as he said that, my heart dropped. I knew exactly what he was trying to do. This was an attempt of a blind date, and I ruined it by being here. That's why he didn't want me to come tonight.

All I can now hear is my heart racing in my chest. My face heating up. Type was busy looking at the entrance waiting to see who it was that made Champ so giddy all of a sudden.

With my arm still around his waist, I inch him closer to me. His body just naturally responded and obeyed by moving closer to me with his gaze still fixated at the door. MINE!

Without thinking, I buried my face in the nook of his neck, taking in a deep breath. He smelled heavenly to me. I started rubbing my nose and cheek up and down against his neck and jaw. In my desperate attempt to scent him so everyone could know he was mine.

I momentarily forgot where I was, once I realized I couldn't l suddenly felt a dull pain in my heart... I couldn't scent him.... I wasn't home.... There's no magic here.

My forehead now resting on his shoulder, feeling defeated, I let out a sigh and lifted my head up just to meet his face beet red looking at me. His eyebrows raised with a what the hell was that look in his eyes.

Then I realized what I just did. Fuck. I was rubbing my face to his!... Ugh... Freaking wolf instinct. He must think I'm even more crazy now.

I rub my face furiously with my free hand, not wanting to let go of him with the other.
I can see him swallowing his saliva with difficulty then finally spoke.

"Are you OK Tharn? What was that?"

His ears were so red... So cute. Just wanted to bite them a little. My eyes darted to his lips... Oh god those lips. It's been a torture these past two years living with him and not make him mine. I didn't want to lose him, lose whatever we currently had.

In this world there wasn't a magical pull that kept their mates together. It's been so confusing on how to approach this. He was just a human man whose never dated a man before. He would surely kick me out of his home if I told him the mate I have been looking for was him and that every night I dream of ravishing him until he passes out from all I want to do to him.

"Im OK, I said with a small smile. I was just feeling a little dizzy that's all"

He raised one of his Eyebrows with a smirk.
He didn't believe me. But he still asked.

"If you are not feeling well, do you want us to go home?"

Yes! That's what I wanted, let's go home... But before I could say anything the annoying Champ chimed in.

"If Tharn wants to leave he can... Because Pufai is here!"