Chapter 7

On the roof of his restaurant, Tharn was overseeing the last bit of preparations needed to make the place look as beautiful as it could be when he received a text.

It was from Saint. He was surprisingly a bit excited to hear from Saint. Maybe this whole thing won't be as hard as he thought after all.

Unfortunately the smile on his lips soon vanished to make way for a scowl and a deep growl.

He received a picture of a Saint on the floor covered in blood. He looked dead. But the text read:

"I am not dead Master Tharn, but someone tried to have me killed tonight. Fortunately, my assassin turned out to be my mate. I am truly sorry. I wanted to be by your side and help you become the great Alpha King I know you will become. But fate had it's own agenda... Forgive me?"

He was livid...not at Saint of course. He is happy for him that he found his soulmate. Happy that he is safe. He wouldn't have been able to live with himself if he really was killed because he was about to become his Luna.

Just when he was about to tell one of his staff to choose a random couple in the restaurant below, and let them enjoy the roof, he was suddenly swept up by a gust of wind. Before he could even process what was going on and react... He disappeared.

A note magically appeared on one of the tables with Tharn's handwriting.

I am sorry father, I cannot live without my mate for the sake of the kingdom's well-being. I must go find him/her. I hope one day you will forgive me. I love you.
Tharn

–—————————–——————————

"He has just arrived, Said San to Lhong, any regrets?

" It's not like I had that many different choices given to me. Either he was kept here in a freaky dark room for the remainder of his life, or send him away. At least this way he could have a life. "

San: "Not sure how much of a life he could possibly have there. I personally can't imagine it.

Regardless, we...more specifically, you are not done little one. There's one more thing you need to do and fast, before the sun sets completely."

L: "What is it?" He asked, still holding in the palm of his hand the glowing marble.

If you looked really close within it, it looks like there were different galaxies swirling around. It was absolutely beautiful and mesmerizing. It was also frightening to hold something with such power.

S: "You need to concentrate and think of an out for Tharn"

L: "huh... What do you mean? Isn't he supposed to be there forever?"

S: "sigh... We don't have time for this... Listen, think of this as a door. Through a door you are capable of going in and out. You need to give him an out that will be like a key for his side, or the magic will crumble"

L: "Thorn won't like this. If there is a possibility for Tharn to come back he will be furious!"

He started shaking in fear.

S: "Imagine how much more furious he would be if Tharn just boomerang) right back here right now because you refused to finish the spell?" he glared at him with an amusing look.

Taking in a deep breath, Lhong said he was ready.

S: "It is simple, give him a task, a mission if you please. It could be easy to achieve or nearly impossible. It doesn't matter. Just think about it, and say it to the marble.

Quickly Lhong! The sun is going down now!!"

Putting his mouth close to the glowing marble, Lhong whispers:
" All you need is a moment of true, unadulterated, indisputable happiness Tharn" Then the marble disappeared.

S: "Why..."

L: "The only thing that can make Tharn truly happy is finding and marking his mate, and from what you've told me this could never happen in that world. Which means, he can never come back and will be safe"

Fate is a funny thing San thought, and the moon goddess might have something else up her sleeves.
S: "hmm......Are you sure you did this for his sakes Lhong?"

L: "I'll be leaving now, if there isn't anything else I need to do"

If I can't have him, no-one one else will, thought Lhong on his way to his car.

————————————————————

Meanwhile...

Tul: "THARN WAKE UP!... THARN PLEASE WAKE UP!... I don't know how much longer I can hold on for..."