Chapter 4

"Hello, why are you calling me Llhong"

"Good day Master Thorn. I...um...just wanted to give you an update"

.....
.....

" What the fuck are you waiting for? Go on!"

Shit! He sounds angry."

" Well, it seems as if your brother have given up his search to find his soul mate he.... "

" REALLY!!! Well good, I won't need to kill anyone then. G..."

"Master Thorn, let me finish please.
He gave up on finding his mate, but he has decided to take any mate. Your father never said he couldn't do that."

A terrible growl was heard through the phone, and Llhong couldn't help but yelp and started whimpering keeping his head down. If they were face to face, he'd probably be on the floor bowing down to him. Thorn was a powerful alpha, he knew it and used it every single chance he got.

"And what have YOU been doing since you found this out huh? He asked in that threatening tone.

A cold sweat ran down Llhong's back. The phone was now slightly shaking against his ear. He took a deep breath and prayed that his next sentence would not be the cause of his death.

"um... For the past week we... Um... have been going through files and pictures of different omegas that he might be interested in... But please don't worry! He quickly added, I have been trying my best to distract him and sabotage the search. He won't find someone before the month is over. I promise "

" Your promises mean nothing... I'll call you back with a solution" Then he hang up.

Llhong didn't like that last statement.
It has been a year since Thorn forced him to befriend Tharn in order to spy on him. At first he didn't want to, but he has had a crush on Tharn for years now, and maybe this could a blessing in disguise. He could get close to him and make him fall for him.

Unfortunately, Tharn didn't see him like that. He was a beta and Tharn was just happy to have a friend.
He really didn't mind sabotaging his search for a mate, for two reasons. First, Tharn is his and no matter what he will get him to notice him this way. Second, he was afraid for Tharn. Thorn was cruel and would find a way to hurt his brother if he were to find a mate and stop him from becoming the Alpha King. That's all he has ever cared about, and he will stop at nothing to get that crown.

Tharn was currently behind their palace interviewing potential mates. He was in front the house when making the call, so he entered and walked through the place at ease to reach the backyard, by now the guards knew him but he could still feel their gazes on him ready for anything.

The sight of Tharn took his breath away. The man was indeed gorgeous. He was simply just sitting there behind a desk unaware of his effects on those around him. He was rare to see him in casual clothes, but today he looked ravishing in an oversized white button down shirt, ripped blue jeans, sneakers, and a pair of sunglasses. He even had his bang down on his forehead, which made him look 10 years younger.

Llhong unconsciously licked and bit his lips when he noticed Tharn's chest, because of course the man seems to be incapable of buttoning up his shirts all the way up!

"Are you going to come and help me or just stand there all day Llhong? Tharn said flashing his trillion dollar smile.

Gosh he will be the death of me... C' mon Llhong, you can do this. Breathe... Breathe. Don't let your heart give you away.

You may not know this yet Tharn, but darling you are mine.